Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2001 5:06:33 PM EDT
Anybody out there have any problems with Sellier & Bellot Ammo?  I shot a box of 9mm a couple of weeks ago with no problems. Today however, I shot a box of .40 caliber and about 5 out of 50 made a weak splut noise and wasn't even strong enough to eject the casing.  I had to check to see if the bullet even cleared the barrel.  One even seemed to semi-explode with a blast of air and powder hitting me in the face.  Needless to say, I shot the rest of the box with much nervousness.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
4 or 5 months ago someone posted about a Ruger carbine in 40S&W that "blew up" from firing S&B ammo. Had a squib, bullet stayed in barrel and nimrod fired 7 or 8 more rounds! Split barrel for about 10 inches. Importer replaced rifle. I have link if you want it...
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I blew up a Glock .45 shooting S&B. Had an overcharged round apparently. Ed at S&B was very helpful and so was Fred at Glock in clearing up the matter.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, give me that link noname.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought that S&B was full of duds, so I loaded up, and stuck my thumb over the muzzle.
Well, there were no duds in the box, and I am missing all my digits.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a case of S&B .223 this last week.  When I was out shooting this weekend I had one round were the bullet slid into the case upon loading.  I have fired 1000's of rounds of S&B and this was the first time I ever had a problem however.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#6]
1K rounds of steel cased .223 from S & B, two good primer strikes with no ignition.  Before I stopped shooting steel case .223 of course.

OK for practice, I wouldn't stake my life on it.  You can work on your immediate action drills.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh man, I just bought a case of S&B .223 No wonder they were at a good price. I shoulda gotten Wolf instead, at least it fires.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's the link to Ruger/S&B KB...
[url]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/gz-stop.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I've still got the S&B .40 box.  Where would I find the lot number to post on the board?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top