Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 4:46:57 PM EDT
it starts here in pacfic time at 6pm (sorry not enough time), check local listings

its called "frontline", some reporter hung out with the afghan fighters a few years back, and got good video footage.

should be interesting, for those that are interested
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
i saw the show, and it was pretty good, a couple of journalists met up with the northern alliance leader (who was assassinated the same day as the WTC)
it showed a refugee camp, of all the afghans getting away from the taliban, and talks about all the human rights violations the taliban commit against its own people.

it didnt show the northern alliance afghanis as terrorist pyshcos (like the taliban) but a siple people who shared there food with foreigners (americans).
showed a few scenes of the afghans fighting other afghans (taliban), mortar attacks on a hillside, and young teens joining the offensive against the taliban (cameras not permitted to see the assualt)
lots of pics of AKs, and some other hardware.

i fell asleep in the last 20 min, so missed the ending.

my vcr cant record off the dish, so no luck there.

best bet would be to try and buy a copy from Natl Geographic, the show is called "frontline: afghan fighters" or something close to that, by sebastian yunger.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:20:03 AM EDT
[#3]
On CNN they also had an undercover reporter go into Taliban controlled territory.

I saw some woman getting shot in the head at some football stadium.

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
On CNN they also had an undercover reporter go into Taliban controlled territory.

View Quote

Saw a show, more propoganda probably, but it was awesome.

The Soccer (football whatever) stadium was basically paid for by the U.N..  They murdered people (as a matter of law), beards not long enough, too long whatever, there every week.  Someone had an undercover camera showing it.  One of the Taliban leaders was recorded as saying something like..."If the U.N. doesn't like it, they should buy us another Stadium for public executions."  

Now that was a ballsy thing to say.

At many points it's hard to determine what is truth and what is propoganda... All I can say is... that was the wrong thing to say.

Shoot them.  Shoot them all.

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Saw a show, more propoganda probably, but it was awesome.

The Soccer (football whatever) stadium was basically paid for by the U.N..  They murdered people (as a matter of law), beards not long enough, too long whatever, there every week.  Someone had an undercover camera showing it.  One of the Taliban leaders was recorded as saying something like..."If the U.N. doesn't like it, they should buy us another Stadium for public executions."  

Now that was a ballsy thing to say.

At many points it's hard to determine what is truth and what is propoganda... All I can say is... that was the wrong thing to say.

Shoot them.  Shoot them all.

View Quote

Sounds like the same show.

Did you see the other dead villagers they killed?

The guy who got his skin bayoneted off?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top