Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/27/2007 1:47:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Idiots are everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]
maybe he read your screename and thought for some reason you like guns pointed at you
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
maybe he read your screename and thought for some reason you like guns pointed at you

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Its an ATF setup...let the dog sleep in your room tonight.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe you exhibited admirable self control.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ouch.

In before somebody registers "Aim4MyChest".
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
First off, there is 2' x'3 sign with 2" red lettering next to the door as you enter the shop/range.  " NO LOADED FIREARMS ARE ALLOWED IN THIS STORE. NO EXCEPTIONS". So in walks this kid 21-22 y/o who has shot here before.He and his friend want a lane before we close. No biggie, can do. i ask him what he needs in the way of ammo and proceeds to unzip his jacket and pull a stainless 92. With the muzzle in my direction and he drops loaded mag and jacks a live round out.I started to move when i saw the gun come out but it was still in my direction when he unloaded his gun!!
  At this point i asked him to follow me out and read the HUGE sign by the door. Once he read the sign he apologized followed up by a "sir" i informed him that when unloaded that gun it was  at me. i asked him if he would appreciate it if i stuck my gun in his direction. he replied with a no sir. I brought him back in and finshed  setting him up for the range. All of his replies ended with "sir".  
 What is wrong with people?  i appreciate the respect but it wouldn't be worth a damn if i was dead.

J

Good for you though. Obviously this young man didn't have a father that taught him how to handle a firearm safely.  

Nothing wrong with being a little PO'd about someone not handling a firearm safely.

My Grandfather would get on me all the time about "is your safety on?" "watch where you point that rifle," and it was good for me.  

Of course I was 8 when I started using firearms and this guy is 21, but some folks are behind the curve so to speak.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#8]
You were probably a lot more rational than I would have been. I would have jerked his ass outside and told him to stay away until he learns some firearms safety.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

lmao
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
The owner of my local gunstore packs a Kimber .45 on his belt at all times. I imagine if this was his store that kid would have either been shot or tackled.

People these days.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Gun Pointing is why I dont go into Weapons and Things in Lehigh.   Guy behind counter showing a revolver to a couple as I came in the door I hear yeah just point it and shoot , click, click, click, click   muzzle leveled right at my stomach.  I am sure there were more clicks only I didnt hear any more as I was back peddling out the door.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You were probably a lot more rational than I would have been. I would have jerked his ass outside and told him to stay away until he learns some firearms safety.

Actually unless he was an ass about it the absolute best thing to do would be to teach the kid fire arms safety right there before he screwed up again. Don't blame anybody for getting mad/scared when that shit happens but the best way to prevent it in the future is to educate the offender instead of getting rid of them.

Just my .02 worth.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Shoulda drawn down on him......make him think...

fred
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hopefully this will have taught him a lesson since you took the time to explain it to him in a calm fashion. Next time you get to pistol whip him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Is this shooting range in Palm Beach County? Just wondering
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#17]
He is probably posting a "I just drew down!" thread somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#19]
"I just had a loaded gun stuck in my chest"

Why did you do that?  (you had it done, why would you have that done to you??)  :P
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#20]
What are you getting all upset about? It was only a 9mm.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I once saw two guys get in a fist fight because one of them took offense at the other guy having a loaded gun in a horizontal shoulder holster..

I had to think about it for a minute .. but I guess the guy had a point..
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad there was no AD.  Sounds like you handled it like a true professional.  I bet it's a lesson he won't soon forget, at least I hope not....
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
First off, there is 2' x'3 sign with 2" red lettering next to the door as you enter the shop/range.  " NO LOADED FIREARMS ARE ALLOWED IN THIS STORE. NO EXCEPTIONS".  

What about CC permit holders?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#27]
My guess is that he thought he was "perfeshunul" enough to handle it that way....jus sayin'
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Wait till it happens and the person responsible tells you your "oversensitive" or something
to that effect. Then you'll know true outrage.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I had an idiot at the counter looking at a gun as I was looking at another one. He was sweeping all over the place with his booger extractor on the trigger. He then pointed it  at me while examining it. He was looking down at it in his hand without really meaning to cover me.

"Hey! Don't point that gun at me."

"Oh it aint loaded" As he turned towards me, as if to aim it at me.

"Mine is!"

Clerk at Gander Mountain snatched the gun away from the idiot.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Good job, sounds like you may have gotten through to him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I went into a gun store with a loaded G19..open carry...no signs posted...had a clerk come up and say "is that loaded?" ...i said yes...he says would you unload it? i said no not in this crowded store, i won't handle it while its loaded...you do it...he proceeded to unholster my gun and drop the mag and rack the slide all the while pointing at people in the store...

fred

we have weak brained people on both sides of the isle...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like you handled it well, it will probably go further toward him correcting his habits than you blowing up at him and making him leave. That would probably only generate some sort of comment about the "anal old guy behind the counter" and the gun safety message would be lost. I applaud you, many would not have shown that control.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
My Grandfather would get on me all the time about "is your safety on?" "watch where you point that rifle," and it was good for me.  

I never use any safeties on any firearms (except for 1911... kinda hard to avoid).  I figure the only safety I need is not putting my finger on the trigger.  Seems to work just fine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Yea, It sucks. Ive been muzzle swept more times than I can even remember since becoming a gunstore salesman. 2 years worth of idiots pointing guns at me. I frankly dont get bothered by it anymore. I should, but I dont.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I think if I were working the counter in a gun store I'd wear a ballistic vest.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The owner of my local gunstore packs a Kimber .45 on his belt at all times. I imagine if this was his store that kid would have either been shot or tackled.

People these days.....

I'll never forget going to the range by my office one day a few years back as the staff was just cleaning the proverbial S off TF.  Due to location you never cease to get a constant stream of goblins in the place, and on this fateful day, so I'm told, three goblins enter the range wanting to use the range.  Similar situation to the OP, when asked what he'll be needing, Goblin #1 is wearing a S&W Sigma in an Uncle Mikes shoulder rig and he struggles to take it out.  Upon doing so, he sweeps it near the clerks head and a shot rings out.  Apparently everybody in the store drew down on this asshole.  Myself and several other regulars are permitted to keep ammo on our person inside the store part, and several regs who were inside locked and loaded upon the shot ringing out.  When I got there they were trying to figure out what to do about the new hole in the wall.  Signs all over the fucking place going in...NO LOADED WEAPONS BEYOND THIS POINT (LAW ENFORCEMENT EXCLUDED)...R-tards...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People these days.....

I'll never forget going to the range by my office one day a few years back as the staff was just cleaning the proverbial S off TF.  Due to location you never cease to get a constant stream of goblins in the place, and on this fateful day, so I'm told, three goblins enter the range wanting to use the range.  Similar situation to the OP, when asked what he'll be needing, Goblin #1 is wearing a S&W Sigma in an Uncle Mikes shoulder rig and he struggles to take it out.  Upon doing so, he sweeps it near the clerks head and a shot rings out.  Apparently everybody in the store drew down on this asshole.  Myself and several other regulars are permitted to keep ammo on our person inside the store part, and several regs who were inside locked and loaded upon the shot ringing out.  When I got there they were trying to figure out what to do about the new hole in the wall.  Signs all over the fucking place going in...NO LOADED WEAPONS BEYOND THIS POINT (LAW ENFORCEMENT EXCLUDED)...R-tards...

Damn lucky they didn't just blast his ass. What a tard.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
First off, there is 2' x'3 sign with 2" red lettering next to the door as you enter the shop/range.  " NO LOADED FIREARMS ARE ALLOWED IN THIS STORE. NO EXCEPTIONS".  

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

AGREED!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#41]
You exhibited alot of self control.

I watched my grandfather Buttstroke my uncle one time when I was a kid.  My Uncle was shooting a lever action,  fired two rounds, jacks the lever,  turns around laughin because he hit the target.   When he did he flagged everyone to our left, as well as my dad, my Grandad, and stops with it pointing at me.      My grandfather was holding a Winchester model 70, and without hesitation grabs the muzzle of the lever action, points it up, and pops my unlce in the side of the forehead with the butt of the 70.

I laughed my ass off.   My grandad then proceeded to explain to me why he did it, and that he would do it to me with no qualms if I ever acted like that.

I never have.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

in before i find it on GD
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Actually unless he was an ass about it the absolute best thing to do would be to teach the kid fire arms safety right there before he screwed up again. Don't blame anybody for getting mad/scared when that shit happens but the best way to prevent it in the future is to educate the offender instead of getting rid of them.

Just my .02 worth.

I agree 100%. Also with SilentType, who points out that the kid is "behind the curve." I'll be a clip magazine of your favorite ammo that you left a lasting impression on him! He was smart enough to realize he'd f*cked up, and polite enough to call you "Sir" after the incident, to indicate his 'contrition' so to speak.

You got the point across, helped out another of the generation of people who have been brought up ignorant of the 2nd amendment's attendant responsibilities, and helped keep said 2nd Amendment alive for another generation!

ETA

This should be the lesson from this thread: that it is the duty of all responsible gun owners to point out, IN AN UNOFFENSIVE MANNER, when someone is not handling their gun responsibly. We all know that there will always be those who won't take the hint; we see them driving irresponsibly, misbehaving in public, etc. This kid didn't act like one of those; he was acting impulsively, never having learned the proper way to handle a gun. If he'd been one of the loudmouths that plague the world, he would not have said 'Sir' to the OP.

I would bet that there is a sizeable number of ARFCOMers who have had such 'gentle reminders.'
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Obviously he never learned how to shoot from an ex Marine. I ALWAYS walk in to the range with the slide locked open, no mag, muzzle down. Last time I came in the guy said "What a relief, a guy that knows how to walk in here with a gun."

Use the opportunity to explain to the guy how it's done. Sounds like you did. All the "sir" stuff means you probably scared him in the right direction. He won't "F" up again. Still, I hate being swept by a barrel, particularly in a place where people should know better.

ETA: Once a Marine, always a Marine...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
First off, there is 2' x'3 sign with 2" red lettering next to the door as you enter the shop/range.  " NO LOADED FIREARMS ARE ALLOWED IN THIS STORE. NO EXCEPTIONS". So in walks this kid 21-22 y/o who has shot here before.He and his friend want a lane before we close. No biggie, can do. i ask him what he needs in the way of ammo and proceeds to unzip his jacket and pull a stainless 92. With the muzzle in my direction and he drops loaded mag and jacks a live round out.I started to move when i saw the gun come out but it was still in my direction when he unloaded his gun!!
  At this point i asked him to follow me out and read the HUGE sign by the door. Once he read the sign he apologized followed up by a "sir" i informed him that when unloaded that gun it was  at me. i asked him if he would appreciate it if i stuck my gun in his direction. he replied with a no sir. I brought him back in and finshed  setting him up for the range. All of his replies ended with "sir".  
 What is wrong with people?  i appreciate the respect but it wouldn't be worth a damn if i was dead.

J

tell me you work at shooting sports in tampa.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#46]
People are rude, cocky, and mouthy untill they get into trouble, then out comes the "sir" and everything that should have been there in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Wait till it happens and the person responsible tells you your "oversensitive" or something
to that effect. Then you'll know true outrage.

Got that one once...from the person working on the other side of the counter.  

When I came in he was working on a magazine spring for  High Standard 22mag auto.  When he put it back together I saw him grab a box of ammo from the shelf behind him and load the mag.  I went back to looking at holsters and heard him racking the action of the pistol.  As I looked up he was pointing that thing at me while manually cycling loaded rounds through.  I yelled "HEY!" while looking at him.  All I got was "What's the matter, nervous?" with a small chuckle.  I called him an Asshole and left the store.  I said something to the owner a couple of weeks later, but was informed that the guy was now a "former" employee.

This store has the same sign at the door, but I still carry my concealed piece.  The owner says "As long as I don't see it I don't know you have it.  The sign is for folks that bring guns in for work, trade or information."
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have no problem if the firearm stays concealed. If that gun has to come out of your holster for any reason, we have a problem. If you want to fit it for a holster or need a magazine or night sights whatever. It better be unloaded.

J

What I do (if my ccw piece has to come out for some reason) is let the employee know ahead of time that ya - it's loaded, and I'm going to unload it for him first before trying a new holster, or whatever.

If they don't like that (hasn't been a problem anywhere yet), I'll take my business elsewhere. So far, everybody's cool with it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#49]
I would've sent him home - not allowing him to shoot as an added behavior mod step.

Although, myabe that wasn't an option for you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 12:58:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I went into a gun store with a loaded G19..open carry...no signs posted...had a clerk come up and say "is that loaded?" ...i said yes...he says would you unload it? i said no not in this crowded store, i won't handle it while its loaded...you do it...he proceeded to unholster my gun and drop the mag and rack the slide all the while pointing at people in the store...

fred

we have weak brained people on both sides of the isle...

You had someone you did not know take your firearm from you? You allowed this?

WTF.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top