Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 6:10:50 PM EDT
Fuck you!

I was a fat, glasses wearing, socially inept nerd in school.  I was ridiculed and got in a few fights too.

While still socially inept, still struggle with my weight and still wear glasses I don't hold anyone responsible for my shortcomings.

Mommy and this whiny pussy need a good asskicking.

www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21294170-2,00.html

Bullied school student sues a decade on

By Lisa Davies

February 27, 2007 01:00am
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

A SIX-year-old boy was choked, beaten with a stick and repeatedly bullied at school, leaving him unemployable and scared to leave his house alone more than a decade later, a court heard yesterday.

Now aged 18, the boy, who cannot be named, launched legal action against the NSW Government yesterday claiming "little if anything" was done to prevent him from the physical and mental playground abuse.

The young man does not recall the incidents but his mother is today expected to detail the complaints she made to the school, education department officials and even the police in a bid to protect her son.

Despite the serious injuries sustained, the nine-year-old who is said to have led the attacks was admonished once but no further action was taken, the court heard.

As the case began yesterday, barrister Dennis Wheelahan QC told the Supreme Court his young client was "severely physically and mentally abused in an extreme case of bullying perpetrated by an older child".

The behaviour allegedly began in mid-1994, when the boy was just five years old.

Many of the allegations are recorded in a string of reports by health care professionals.

Mr Wheelahan said that, in early 1995, the boy was "throttled" by the main perpetrator, and was diagnosed a week later as having post-trauma anxiety.

In the next serious attack a few months later, the same student chased and beat the six-year-old with a tree branch, leaving him with welts on his hips.

No more than a week later, the same child allegedly punched the plaintiff in the face, resulting in cuts, bruising and a couple of teeth being knocked out.

"His mother asserts that little or nothing was done to protect her son and in frustration she reported the matter to police," Mr Wheelahan said.

When the older boy found police were investigating, he "thought it was funny", the court heard.

The boy left school in 1995 and has since attended at least two other schools and tried to study by correspondence, with limited success.

A string of doctors and psychiatric experts have documented his anxiety, depression, behavioural, learning difficulties and a fear that "something bad will happen".

"The teenager comes to this court as a young man who has had little useful education," he said.

Many members of the school's community and education department officials have been identified and are expected to give evidence.

The case continues.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A string of doctors and psychiatric experts have documented his anxiety, depression, behavioural, learning difficulties and a fear that "something bad will happen".

Well, that's everyone in the Survival Forum.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope he gets millions.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn.  What's the statute of limitation?  Any chance of a class action suit?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey I was fat in High School and got my ass whipped a couple times ........I'm goning to sue!!!!!!

of course that was 30yrs ago...think I have a case.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
TAGGED
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my ass whipped a few times in school, BUT, sooner or later ya learn to fight dirty, inflict pain, and win quick.

Then ya don't have to fight anymore.

So, is the kid suing his momma who is the REAL problem? Notice DADDY is not in the picture....................
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]
He should be like every other kid that got picked on in school, and become a cop.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, that's everyone in the Survival Forum.

Av.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was in ninth grade, I had these two bigger kids pick on me and they took my lunch money for like two weeks straight.  I finally went to Woodrow Foster for help.  Woodrow started shaving in third grade.  You remember that one kid.  Anyhow, he was around 6'4" and about two-fity.  I gave him $10 to beat the shit outta those two sadistic bastards and tell them why he was doing it.  I never got picked on again by anyone after the next day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top