Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 2:49:05 PM EDT
I was wondering if they are now allowing the importation of gas masks or not.  Not too long ago I heard they had banned the importation.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
What does BATF have to do with gas mask?  Which letter in B A T F stand for gas mask?
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Since a gas mask contains no tobacco, no consumable alcohol, and is not a firearm or a destructive device, the BATF has no jurisdiction over their importation to or commerce within the USA.

Do you have any concrete information to show that their importation has been interrupted?

My local supplier of gas masks is all sold out and says they can't get any until about mid-October.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
That's all we need. Soccer mom's driving their 10,000 SUV's trying to talk on the cell phone through the gas mask. I know everyone's insurance premiums will rise.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Insurance premiums will skyrocket in the aftermath of the disaster.  Who the hell do you think will foot the bill for this mess?  Osama?
View Quote

Relax, it was tongue and cheek! I mean car insurance rates.

However, perhaps Osama can foot the bill? We can use some of those seized funds to help pay for repairs and other claims. It's a thought.

Oh, but wait. When we seized funds from the Iranians after they took hostages, none of that money made it back to the hostages or their families. The feds kept it all.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top