Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2007 10:07:08 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm looking to make a few extra bucks, and need some ideas.
I'm active duty Army, and live about 30 miles from post in an apartment. I'd like to get a second part time job just to make a few extra bucks each week, but I don't want to work every weekend, and my hours wouldn't always be the most reliable because of work.
I was thinking about asking my apartment complex if there was something I could do there during off time after work or once in a while on the weekends. Maybe some maintenance or something.
So ideally, I'd like something that I have some good control over my hours, and I don't really need that many hours per week, just some extra spending cash on the side.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Also considered seeing if maybe there was a local farm or something that could use some occasional help.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#2]
manwhoring
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#3]
clean houses or offices
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Many guys I knew while working for Uncle Sammy used to do pizza delivery.  Find a good shop with a good neighborhood and tips are great.  It meets the part time, intermittent employment criteria that you describe.

A few guys were bouncers, but that can have severe complications.  

(I took the manwhore route)
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
clean houses or offices

yep
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Try some of the local freight companies.  They will hire part-time people to come in for a few hours in the evening or night to move items from truck to truck, or truck to warehouse for the next days' deliveries or transport. Some of them are real good about hour flexibility.  Knowing how to operate a forklift is a plus.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Try some of the local freight companies.  They will hire part-time people to come in for a few hours in the evening or night to move items from truck to truck, or truck to warehouse for the next days' deliveries or transport. Some of them are real good about hour flexibility.  Knowing how to operate a forklift is a plus.  

Yep, this sounds like the kind of idea I'm looking for. The pizza delivery idea is good, but if I have to use my own vehicle, that won't work out in the end.
I think a farm could potentially be a good idea. I grew up in the country, and I'm kind of forced into a suburban lifestyle here. It would be a good way to get back into some open air or into the country some.
I also thought maybe seeing if I could work at the apartment complex doing maintenance or something would be good, maybe give me a discount on rent, but I don't think I want to be too well known here and the more I think of it, it's probably not a good idea to work in relation to where I live.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, this sounds like the kind of idea I'm looking for. The pizza delivery idea is good, but if I have to use my own vehicle, that won't work out in the end.
I think a farm could potentially be a good idea. I grew up in the country, and I'm kind of forced into a suburban lifestyle here. It would be a good way to get back into some open air or into the country some.
I also thought maybe seeing if I could work at the apartment complex doing maintenance or something would be good, maybe give me a discount on rent, but I don't think I want to be too well known here and the more I think of it, it's probably not a good idea to work in relation to where I live.

what about being a bouncer plenty of chicky snacks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Im going to do some of that medical research crap. It can be good money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top