Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 7:19:16 AM EDT
Its been way too long since I've done this.  I'm trying to help my son with his application.

I home schooled him his 9th grade year so rather than accepting his home school credits [which I am in the process of accrediting] the school gave partial credit [.5 rather than a full credit and a passing grade, rather than a letter grade].

The college will accept my home school transcript but if I attach it his GPA and accumlative credits will be off.  Should I make the school fix this -there are other errors in his transcripts such as the amount of classes he took [it says he's taken 3 math classes when in fact he's taken 5 and he's taken 5 science classes and it says he's only taken 2].  This is all spelled out so it is clear that he's taken the classes.

The scholarship application is due today so I'm in a hurry.

Patty
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea.

I got a lot of scholarships [I believe] due to my grades and my teachers and my financial situation.

I really don't think I even actually applied for any of them personally. It was a long time ago, so maybe I did and just don't remember.

Good Luck though. It sounds like it is going to be tough to get anything like that handled in one day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have no idea.

I got a lot of scholarships [I believe] due to my grades and my teachers and my financial situation.

I really don't think I even actually applied for any of them personally. It was a long time ago, so maybe I did and just don't remember.

Good Luck though. It sounds like it is going to be tough to get anything like that handled in one day.

I only applied for one scholarship and that was a basket ball scholarship.  I didnt' believe I was qualified for anything else.  Then when the scholarships were handed out at graduation I was a little green with envy!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#3]
It'll be a hell of a job trying to get that in one day. My HS, at least, was the perfect example of how bureaucracies ruin everything.

As far as fixing it, having accurate information is a MUST in most cases. Some colleges especially tend to care more about whether the information is accurate than what it is. That's all I can really say; I didn't have the grades for a scholarship coming out of HS.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It'll be a hell of a job trying to get that in one day. My HS, at least, was the perfect example of how bureaucracies ruin everything.

As far as fixing it, having accurate information is a MUST in most cases. Some colleges especially tend to care more about whether the information is accurate than what it is. That's all I can really say; I didn't have the grades for a scholarship coming out of HS.

Well the school's hands are tied with the home school stuff.  I just got off the phone with them about the credits he's earned in math and science and they're not going to change it so I guess I will just send it in.  It asks not to send in a cover letter so I can't really justify explaining the discrepencies.  I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top