Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 6:40:46 PM EDT
Backstory:

So i'm working with a non-profit campaign to supply shirts / golf balls / water bottles / hats / etc. to troops stationed overseas.  The campaign is called "Mo' Down" and is the brain child of a man named Jack Casey- who wrote a song titled "Mo' Down" and is spending thousands of his own money to send these care packages.  Our company has been behind this campaign since the begining, but we are really putting some money and time behind it to increase the amount of packages we can send.  I will be posting a lot more information about this group and what they're doing as i finish designing the website.  which brings me to my question:

The Question:
In designing the website, i want to use millitary ribbons for the buttons / links.  This will be a very professionally done website, and will in NO WAY be disrespectful to the ribbons.  Would that be considered offensive?  Would you be angry to see that?

if not, could i use images of the ribbons men that are in the sandbox now have on?  would that be another neat way to reach out to the troops/family who see the website- kinda like "hey, i've got that"?  or would it be disrespectful?

thank you for taking the time to read this and answer honestly.  i'm taking a lot of time after-hours to work on a project i think can do great things- and i'm trying to do my research to do my part as well as I can.  that being said, trolls go home...

thanks-
nic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top