Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 5:35:49 PM EDT
I have been an Ebay customer for a few years.  In the last several months I have been receiving fake emails or spoofs every other day.  The most recent one was a guy who said he lived in Pennsylvania and the email address was in England.  He is asking, with bad grammar and spelling about when I am going to deliver him some hubcaps and that he will be out of town for 4 days.  

I report it to Ebay Security and request action.

As a result, I am suspended!

Of course, now that Ebay has become too big for its britches, it has no telephone number to call.  And, the emails are not yet drawing a response.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like your email did get some action, you got suspended.

Ebay sucks.  I thought that was well known?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep ebay has gone downhill.  Within the next decade they will either clean up their act or file for bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
how can a company that has super income become bankrupt?

i hate ebay just as everyone else, if there was an alternative id go there.

But noone has had the balls to create one...

the one rifle bidding site is not very active.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Ebay go bankrupt?

They have to be the biggest money laundering operation on the planet. They probably have the biggest income per dollar spent on overhead in the world. Assholes they are though, no doubt
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Still waiting for my hubcaps....cheerio  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#6]
They probably just found out you post on arfcom.

Sorry, game over.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Forward the 'suspension' notice to spoof at ebay dot com and see if it's the real deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top