Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 4:24:12 PM EDT
Hey guys, what were to happen if this HR 1022 (?) passed (AWB) and an individual in CA had an off list AR lower? Would it be  declared a federal AW and then be able to possess the characteristics of an AW?

Also, what's the timeline look like for this AWB ban? Are we talking passing/not passing in days, weeks, months?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They were during the last federal ban.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
a HUGE number of business would be closed up, people would lose their livelihood, our rights will be stripped away, costs will skyrocket the usual.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

How does that work? OLL's didn't start coming in until the sunset of the Fed AWB, which was in '01, right?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
bump
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does that work? OLL's didn't start coming in until the sunset of the Fed AWB, which was in '01, right?

'04
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Hum interesting question.  I do not know.

I wonder if it would over ride the state level AWB’s (being newer than the states) and open up those states for AW sales (assuming their was a grandfather clause allowing previously owned AW to be transferred).
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Your OLL would have to remain fixed mag or gripless.

States can only have more restrictive laws then the fed gov. They cannot be less restrictive.

All the Ca regulations would remain in effect. And there would be no more new OLLs (or any new lowers for that matter).

So, stand and fight.. Write your reps, join and support the NRA, do what needs to be done to keep this turd of a bill from ever seeing the light of day.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I would think that the Federal AWB would overrule any state ABW, but I really am just guessing here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#9]
In addition to that new OLL would not be legal because they are based on an AR-15 receiver.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey guys, what were to happen if this HR 1022 (?) passed (AWB) and an individual in CA had an off list AR lower? Would it be  declared a federal AW and then be able to possess the characteristics of an AW?  

I'm not sure I'm reading this right.  It almost sounds as if you are hoping that 1022 would pass, because then even though CA won't declare your off-list lower to be an AW, the federal AWB would declare it to be an AW and thus allow you to build it into a full rifle complete with all "evil" features under CA law.  Please tell me I am mistaken.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure I'm reading this right.  It almost sounds as if you are hoping that 1022 would pass, because then even though CA won't declare your off-list lower to be an AW, the federal AWB would declare it to be an AW and thus allow you to build it into a full rifle complete with all "evil" features under CA law.  Please tell me I am mistaken.

I do not want the ban to pass. But, if it did and OLL owners would be allowed AW features, that would be a postive in a sea of negative. I want to have both bases covered.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#12]
anybody that would obey that unconstitutional law would be an idiot
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

how are you going to disobey?  unless you can make your own parts, it would be difficult.  As I understand, the bill bans new parts kits and uppers as well ("conversion kits").
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I do not want the ban to pass. But, if it did and OLL owners would be allowed AW features, that would be a postive in a sea of negative. I want to have both bases covered.

Okay.  I don't think I would consider anything related to HR-1022 positive, but I can understand that you want to be informed of all the possible implications.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Already stocked up. How many obeyed the last one?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how are you going to disobey?  unless you can make your own parts, it would be difficult.  As I understand, the bill bans new parts kits and uppers as well ("conversion kits").

you might not be able to make new hi caps, but slapping a preban upper and a post ban lower together wouldn't be all that difficult.  This is assuming that lowers in their current configuration could still be made.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Youwould get a lot better information about this if you asked in the California Hometown Forum, rather than GD. You're more likely to get flamed here by an assclown than you are getting good information.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Thanks

no you will still need to comply with sb23.

sb23=no evil features in california
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:53:53 AM EDT
[#19]
So the deal with the "parts kits" is that you'd have to piece the lower together piece by piece; not just buying a single lower kit with all your fire control/mag release/buffer parts in it, right?

Will we still be able to buy replacement/spare parts for our AR's?

Will we still be able to buy uppers? Complete uppers?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So the deal with the "parts kits" is that you'd have to piece the lower together piece by piece; not just buying a single lower kit with all your fire control/mag release/buffer parts in it, right?

Will we still be able to buy replacement/spare parts for our AR's?

Will we still be able to buy uppers? Complete uppers?

I believe you could still buy complete uppers as replacement parts.   After all, there's nothing to convert because the lower and all guns based up the lower would be illegal.  IE: There will be NO post ban AR-15s  EVER.    So for the AR-15 there can be no "conversion kits".

However, you know the ATF.  They will declare them conversion kits even though no one could buy new lowers to "convert".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top