Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 5:22:01 AM EDT
SHe wants another Dog.  Another Shetland Sheepdog.  I have a Collie, Sheltie, and a Russian Wolfhound (Borzoi).  She saw a few 4 year old Sheltie in the paper and I thought she was joking.  Last night she called the people and said we would be over there 10cst to look the dog over.  I am kinda upset and I told her way.  She is now mad at me because she says this dog needs a home.  She tried to get another Collie a month ago as well a 10 yr old one.  I probally would not have a problem with that.  

My problem is she is say she now says I get whatever I want why can't her.  I get inanitamte objects nod animals that might need to be feed, loved, and cared for.  I think she in that mothering stage but she told me she does not want to have kids until she is done with her Masters Degree.  I am in the Military so Animals are a concern.  Eventhough I have a big backyard right now does not mean I will always have a big backyard.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#1]
She will get over it. Use Tact. Be a Man. Good on you. Enjoy the couch.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Can anyone translate this for me?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#3]
"I get inanitamte objects nod animals that might need to be feed, loved, and cared for. I think she in that mothering stage but she told me she does not want to have kids until she is done with her Masters Degree. I am in the Military so Animals are a concern. Eventhough I have a big backyard right now does not mean I will always have a big backyard.

Scott"

You have your best argument right there---the other argument---lots of dogs in the house is a not so good for babies--is she planning on getting rid of some of the dogs when a baby comes?

She'll see your point. Shes just acting like a Kid who wants a toy and their mother said no--she'll get over it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the other argument---lots of dogs in the house is a not so good for babies--is she planning on getting rid of some of the dogs when a baby comes?

Actually pets. Especially dogs imo can be good for babies and young children. It builds up their immune system. Our children ages 4 & 6 have had 2 dogs in the house since birth and are much healthier than the other children. Don't suffer from allergies and get sick like other kids in the neighborhood without dogs.

To the OP show her a picture of a Nova Scotia Duck Toller. Best dog ever.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#5]
There's only one solution. Turn her upside down and spank till your hearts content...
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:42:44 AM EDT
[#6]
ahhhhhhh
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I just hate it she is giving me the cold shoulder.  I know it is a small dog but dang 4 dogs and we have a Civic and a Saturn Vue.  We plan on having kids but not until her masters is done.  I am half way done with mine just I do not understand.  She keeps saying but its not any dog its a sheltie.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]
She's got a very common mental illness, comes with the vagina. Welcome to the reality of marriage.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It took me a couple of times
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

ebonics
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It took me a couple of times

I'm not even sure what language it's in.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Women make decisions based on their emotions . Men use logic .  YOU are making the right decision to not get another dog . Stick to your guns . She'll get over it .
And DON'T YOU DARE  sleep on the couch .  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just hate it she is giving me the cold shoulder.  I know it is a small dog but dang 4 dogs and we have a Civic and a Saturn Vue.  We plan on having kids but not until her masters is done.  I am half way done with mine just I do not understand.  She keeps saying but its not any dog its a sheltie.

What she needs to be looking it as is another responsiblity--that was what i meant before as alot of dogs equals not good for babies or the dogs. If you have a child you will be devoting all your time to it--whos going to devote the same ammount of time to the 4 responsibilites running around the house who have had your undivided attention prior to baby. Whos going to monitor all the reponsibilites from chewing up brand new baby toys, and well as being under foot while --carrying, changing and dealing with baby day to day things. Yes having dander in house makes for s strong immune system--but one needs to realize--alot of dogs have a hard time being "replaced" with a new infant. And lets not forget that Dogs live on an average of 8-10 years--so even though shes not done with her masters yet---they are going to be around well after she completes her masters.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Put your foot down.

It's either me or the dogs.

Enjoy your stay on the couch.

fuckin' women
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#15]
What's your paygrade in the military?

If you're a junior enlisted type then pets or kids are not a good idea.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Enjoy your stay on the couch.

fuckin' women

Deffinate possiblity
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#17]
She REALLY wants kids but is too selfish to take the timeout from her life to have them.  Since she feels terribly guilty about this she has to try and do Something.

Until the two of you decide to make the sacrifices necessary to have children she will be unhappy.

JMHO, YMMV
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Have you considered donkey punching?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
She REALLY wants kids but is too selfish to take the timeout from her life to have them.  Since she feels terribly guilty about this she has to try and do Something.

Until the two of you decide to make the sacrifices necessary to have children she will be unhappy.

JMHO, YMMV

BINGO!!!!!!!!

ETA ---   Dogs are not only beneficial but necessary for kids IMO. I would have hated to grow up without dogs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have a Collie, Sheltie, and a Russian Wolfhound (Borzoi).

Hmm...YOU have those, but what does she have?  Sounds like she may have point there if that is how you view the animals.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a Collie, Sheltie, and a Russian Wolfhound (Borzoi).

Hmm...YOU have those, but what does she have?  Sounds like she may have point there if that is how you view the animals.

Sounds like she's Pulling an ARFCOM Maneuver.

"Well Those are your guns so Now I need another..."

It works every time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Son, I tell you what.  Let her have the Sheltie and remind her to clean up the Sheltie's poop at all times.  If she refuses to clean up the Sheltie's poop after wanting another dog, then toss that Sheltie poop at her.

Later, she'll realize she shouldn't have pestered you into getting her another dog in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the other argument---lots of dogs in the house is a not so good for babies--is she planning on getting rid of some of the dogs when a baby comes?

Actually pets. Especially dogs imo can be good for babies and young children. It builds up their immune system. Our children ages 4 & 6 have had 2 dogs in the house since birth and are much healthier than the other children. Don't suffer from allergies and get sick like other kids in the neighborhood without dogs.

To the OP show her a picture of a Nova Scotia Duck Toller. Best dog ever.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/308gtsi/IMG_3811.jpg

Anybody else see the face of a dead guy in the tree?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top