Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 6:01:16 PM EDT
My Seiko finally went TU.

Give me recomendations for a good analog watch for $100 or less.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My Seiko finally went TU.

Give me recomendations for a good analog watch for $100 or less.

Quartz or automatic?

If it's an automatic with the 7S26 movement (highly unlikely, since those things are basically bomb proof) the $100 would be best spent shipping it back to Seiko for repair.

If it was a quartz movement, well... pick whatever new style floats your boat.  They're all basically the same.  (to this day I STILL don't get why people pay hundreds or thousands for a QUARTZ watch, even if it's fit and finish is done by a swiss manufacturer... It's STILL QUARTZ!)

E.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Wengar?  Wenger?

I hardly use my watch after upgrading my cell phone.  man, I wish they put GPS and compass built in on cell phones.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I EDC a Smith & Wesson Titanium which was 149.99 but there are cheapest model is 109 but  check out LA Police Gear they have a  good watch selection.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Fossil
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If it's an automatic with the 7S26 movement (highly unlikely, since those things are basically bomb proof)

I have a Seiko with a 7s26 movement and the date function barely works. It changes languages, the date will skip a day, and it loses time quickly. I must have gotten a lemon...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Timex Expedition... around $50 or so... good watches.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife has forbid me to buy any more watches.  If free from this wretched prohibition I might get one of these
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
my Seiko SKX009K is serving me well,  just had it down to -40 feet last weekend.. running great.

I was loving my Luminox until it fogged up doing some dive refresher skills in a pool.

on a side note, I did find the features of the Luminox in a decent dive watch......

Ball Engineer Master Ⅱ Diver

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I second that.  I have been a 6 month watch guy my whole life [it takes me less than 6 months to destroy a watch] but this Timex Expediton has lasted me for a year and a half....
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Skagen of Denmark, I own three, great watches, very light weight and last forever. My $100 Skagen every bit as nice as my $300 dollar watch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yep, im on my second one in almost 5 years, only reason its my second i kept hanging the first one on a machine at work and the bezel broke. Only timr you have to set them is daylight savings.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I also have had quite a few Timex Ironman Expedtion that have served ther need verry well in fact there are 2 on my dresser right now another option is the MaraTac AQC Compass Watch made by Timex from LA Police for 79.99 I bought one amout 2 months back to ware hunting/camping its well built but I havent used it yet to make a real revirw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top