Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 5:07:40 PM EDT
I posted these in survival forum for the content, then I decided GD may appreciate the photography.  It's not me, just a good camera.  Hope you guys enjoy the hint of spring we had in south carolina today.  pics were took around 430 pm today.  

Here is some pretty grass.

more pics coming

and my favorite little elm tree

The whole apiary is a mess...time for spring cleaning

And if you come to the bee yard, you have to make friends with the Injun Chief who's spirit stands watch...

the Chief's burdens are great...

if there is interest in the images of an Apiary, I may try to keep this thread alive wiht new pics.  Again, I know some folks are covered in snow and just wanted to give some encouragement...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
bee keeping, eh?  sounds fun.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of horse is that?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

LOL, no shit!

My folks have Dobie-Dane's out at the farm and that guy would fit right in with them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

close to the Appaloosa, it's called an Assawhoopa.  160 pounds of assawhoopa.

Next question?

[pangea]
yeah, what does he eat?  (snicker, snicker)

Pans of Gea.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Great pictures and I truly wish I was there. Supposed to be about -15 below tonight where I live. Good looking youngster you've got there with a great protector. I've heard some rumors about bee's dying all over the world and they can't explain why -- any truth to that as far as you know? Anyway thanks for the almost spring-like pictures.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
How are you contending with the trachea mites?  Also, I read on one of the science.com sites that an unknown disease is wiping out bees left and right.  Tough times for the bee keepers right now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How are you contending with the trachea mites?  Also, I read on one of the science.com sites that an unknown disease is wiping out bees left and right.  Tough times for the bee keepers right now.

never had too much of a problem.  if a hive dies, it dies.  I won't prop them up with chemicals.  I give all my honey away to freinds/family, so i use the utmost care with regards to chemicals and other such substances.  That strange bee "dwindling" desease, I don't know  .   haven't had any problem sareound here though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I hope you don't have any problems with your bees. Again great pictures and the best to your family.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[pangea]
yeah, what does he eat?  (snicker, snicker)

Pans of Gea.Anything he wants to.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone have a picture of a dobie-dane?  I have never seen one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Looks good.  I think that grass is called "little bluestem."  

there you are.  you and me don' t always agree on things, but there is at least one thing where we sing the same tune...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a picture of a dobie-dane?  I have never seen one.

i'd like to see one too.  i wanted to add, i have been around a couple of dobies, and owned GSDs and other large breeds...in comparision, the Dane is as protective as a dobie....almost as agile...much stronger and takes pain like you wouldn't believe...and has a bite that will make you whimper like a little girl.  We were playing chase, with a large bath towell wrapped around my arm, and when he bit down i thought my arm was going to snap.  protective of my family, but if you come around the property, stay in your car!

also graduated from basic and advanced obedience classes....learned as fast as any border collie in the class both times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top