Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:17:01 AM EDT
i work for a computer repair shop.    

I just had a guy walk in   "hey do you know where so and so's computer repair shop is".    (not the one i work for)

i told him its a couple streets now,  he then asked for step by step instructions.    

geez people kill me

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Reminds me of when I worked telephone tech support.

We'd get a fair number of calls with people screaming about problems with their insurance (must have been a close number).  We'd answer CLEARLY giving the name of our business (which wasn't even CLOSE to any insurance company).  The wouldn't even hear us, just ASSuming that they were talking to the right people.  They'd start rattling off names, policy numbers and bitching even before we could get a word in edgewise.

When we'd finally told them that we weren't who they thought we were we get a number of responses:

"Well, who are you then?"

"Are you *sure* you're not xyz company?"

"I'm *sure* I dialed the right number, this really isn't xyz company?"

"Do you have the number for xyz company?'

And my favorite:

"Well, if you aren't them can't you transfer me to them?"  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top