Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2001 6:17:46 AM EDT
Hi all.  I'm new to the site and to fire arms in general. I currently own no fire arms, but plan to change that. I am interested in learning as much as I can about the AR15, seeing as it is my favorite rifle [sniper] . So if you guys can point me out in the right direction. I'm 23 and Live in Miami, FL does anyone know the rules for owning a rifle down here? Will I need a license? How much do AR15's cost? etc... all info is welcomed. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Step 1 is locate and take a firearms training class.  I recommend the nra one.  www.nra.com

I'm sure a FL local will be willing to give you the local regs.

A decent AR15 shouldn't run you more than $700-$800 depending on how you want it equipped.  Magazines about $20 each.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome LS1KrakeN!!!!!!!  [newbie]

Glad to have you here.  This board is a never ending wealth of information on the AR-15 with lots of members in Florida.  As far as cost, wel most people will tell you that the small initial investment is nothing compared to losing all of your free time you are used to, your wife or girlfriend, your dog etc, etc, etc!!  THESE GUNS WILL CONSUME YOU!!!  Prepare to sell all of your belonging to upgrade&modify!!!

Nuckles.  [smash]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a dealer...

My partner ([i]Grin&Barrett - also a moderator here[/i]) and I put together the "official" AR15.COM LEGP ([i]Limited Edition Group Purchase[/i]) rifles that were custom built by Rock River Arms.

You can get all the info you need at [url]www.castle-arms.com[/url] -- should you have any questions, don't hesitate to call us at 217-223-5082
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#4]
One more thing...

Do a search for a couple of members by the names of [u]Echo6[/u] and [u]SKSseven[/u].  They are both in the Ft. Lauderdale area, and would be happy to take you under their wings!

FWIW: I know both of these guys personally.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome, to the site. I am sure that you'll love AR rifles. After my first one I was hooked. Quite a few members here that are from your area, and I am sure they can clue you in on gun laws in FL. I don't believe licensing is required to own a firearm there(99% sure) Unless you want to carry concealed. We do have a group buy on an AR coming up so stay tuned.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome.......
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the site!!  I have learned a wealth of info here, not just about AR's, but the RKBA in general.  I got my first AR after finding this site as well.  I now have 2 and am eagerly awaiting the 2002 LEGP.  By the way, the LEGP would be an excellent choice for your first AR.  It is an awesome quality gun at a good price.  Grin and Anti are the best to deal with also. One word of caution though....plan this to be an addicting hobby!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Step 1 is locate and take a firearms training class.  I recommend the nra one.  www.nra.com
View Quote

[url]www.nra.org[/url]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Or for $699 ([i]shipping included[/i]), I can sell you a brand new, Rock River Arms customized LEGP rifle, complete with a full warranty and a hell of a lot of extras built into the rifle configuration.

The "value" of these LEGP's, is that they have been built exclusively for AR15.COM members.

[url]www.castle-arms.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome,

Please read Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
^
[size=1]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY  Implant Micro-chip[/size=1][url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/da/tech.htm[/url]  

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth
Liberate Your Mind

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Welcome Aboard.  Just realize the BATF is monitoring you now and for the rest of your life, and you'll be ok.  

(that should make a good first impression eh?) [:D]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#14]
WELCOME! [beer]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome...just dont say anything here you dont want the whole world to know...tin foil hat on....

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Thank you everybody, wow this board sure is friendly :) antiUSSA, I will definitely take you up on that offer, but at the moment I lack the funds. I will keep you posted. Thanks everyone for all the great info and for pointing me in the right direction :) I'm liable to go bankrupt with this Hobbie and my car. Take care all :)
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I rented a video today called "Mastering the AR15" It started off WAY basic in the first 15 minutes,and started getting better about the time my afternoon break was over. I havent got back to it yet, but it looks good for a total newbie. Here is one of many sources. [URL]http://www.booktrail.com/Video_Shooting/Mastering%20The%20AR15.asp[/URL]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome!  [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top