Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2007 10:35:20 PM EDT
Elitests would probably not have to worry about a AWB or any gun ban, they live in safe enclaves with probably armed guards patrolling to keep peons out, they have enough money to hire off duty cops or private bodyguards. Plato the great philosopher said " the perfectly just society is one which an unarmed people exhibit virtue by minding their own business in the performance of their assigned functions, while the government of philospher -kings, above the law and protected by armed guardians unquestioning in their loyalty to the state, then engineers and fine-tunes the creation of that society, aided and abetted by myths that both hide and justify their totalitarian manipulation"
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
well, beleive it or not a lot of the anti gun peoples actually have very large collections of arms. it's the old "I'm good enough to have these things but they don't want you or me to have them".

John Kerry has a large collection of weapons and even Feinstien has one of the only few CCW permits in San Francisco

just remeber, not long after the Brady bill act was imposed Sarah Brady herself got into a little trouble for trying to buy her son a rifle under her name(basically a straw purchase) because if i have it correct, he couldn't own a firearm.

piss on anyone that wants to take away my god givin right.

camaro
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Will I be part of the elite or not?

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I moved out of NYC because of this type of elitist crap, its time for the little guy to start screaming at the top of his lungs, its all about control, do you really want Hillary-types to control you?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#4]
bumped for opinions
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:55:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Molon Labe
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:57:20 AM EDT
[#6]
What makes you think the 'elite' are liberal?  Our nearby gated communities are in staunchly Republican voting areas.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't know if they'd actually have "assault weapons" [sic] but they'd definitely have plenty of armed security.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:02:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Guarantee it! Steven Speilberg supposedly has a large gun collection. You canbet he won't be required to give up any guns.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#9]
The "elite" can always spring for a Blackwater type of force, if nothing else.

Here is another example; one which I've told on many different occasions:  When North Carolina became a CCW state, I took the mandatory training, extensive background checks (I had "lived" in many jurisdictions the previous ten years), and paid fees in excess of $100 up to that point...  Some of the requirements (I suspect that the local sheriff added more) was to: get permission from my employer (!), get signed statements from the utility company that you were a customer, and other stupid stuff.

With all the paperwork in hand, I go to the Sheriff's Office to pay the final hundred bucks or so for the filing fee.  One of the deputies brings me into a room (interrogation room?) and proceeds to tell me that the (substantial) filing fee is non-refundable for any reason, and that they will probably lose my application.

I've heard of shady police departments doing crap similar to this, particularly Southern ones, but was quite taken aback to experience it myself.  It seemed apparent that they would only process applications for their buddies; their own kind of "elite".

Pretty much at that point, I had an epiphany:  "Why am I asking the enemy for permission to exercise my Constitutionally recognized rights?".  The absurdity of it all..
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:16:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Representative McCarthy possesses a NYS concealed carry permit, she's the author of H.R. 1022. I suppose she uses the same excuse as Diane Feinstein, to defend herself from the "gun crazies". Another liberal rep. Marty Luster ( D-Ithaca NY) was stopped at the DC airport with a loaded .38 in his bag. He said he forgot it was there, but he's also a screamer for abolishment of handgun ownership and concealed carry.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:17:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Will I be part of the elite or not?

Damn elite Psychopolitical MASTERs...

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What makes you think the 'elite' are liberal?  Our nearby gated communities are in staunchly Republican voting areas.
I know the republicans are in on it too, just that this has to come from the liberal, left wing communist side. Ask any Cuban in Miami what Castro did first when he took over, disarmed everyone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Don't know if they'd actually have "assault weapons" [sic] but they'd definitely have plenty of armed security.
That is the point on why they would want to disarm you and me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:23:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Here is another example; one which I've told on many different occasions:  When North Carolina became a CCW state, I took the mandatory training, extensive background checks (I had "lived" in many jurisdictions the previous ten years), and paid fees in excess of $100 up to that point...  Some of the requirements (I suspect that the local sheriff added more) was to: get permission from my employer (!), get signed statements from the utility company that you were a customer, and other stupid stuff.

With all the paperwork in hand, I go to the Sheriff's Office to pay the final hundred bucks or so for the filing fee.  One of the deputies brings me into a room (interrogation room?) and proceeds to tell me that the (substantial) filing fee is non-refundable for any reason, and that they will probably lose my application.

I've heard of shady police departments doing crap similar to this, particularly Southern ones, but was quite taken aback to experience it myself.  It seemed apparent that they would only process applications for their buddies; their own kind of "elite".

Pretty much at that point, I had an epiphany:  "Why am I asking the enemy for permission to exercise my Constitutionally recognized rights?".  The absurdity of it all..
you can ask him if his life is worth protecting, then what is the value of my life. whose responsibility is to protect it? the police who does not want you armed?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Representative McCarthy possesses a NYS concealed carry permit, she's the author of H.R. 1022. I suppose she uses the same excuse as Diane Feinstein, to defend herself from the "gun crazies". Another liberal rep. Marty Luster ( D-Ithaca NY) was stopped at the DC airport with a loaded .38 in his bag. He said he forgot it was there, but he's also a screamer for abolishment of handgun ownership and concealed carry.
My point exactly I am fed up with this elitist crap and their monkeys on TV and in the press.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank you for all your good posts, we have to expose the hypocricy
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:28:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I agree that the Repubs are just as elitist as the Dems but at least they aren't hypocritical about it.  The problem I have are the people who campaign against my right to own but feel its OK for themselves.   This is really the root of liberalism, the "I know whats best for you and I'll  make you do it."  attitude.

I can't remember his name right now but back in the 80's one the biggest loudmouths against guns used a handgun to shoot at some kids for pool jumping.  He lived in DC

Ted Kennedy is another one.   There was a big deal for a while when it hit the local news that he had obtained Class 3 permits for his security people to carry subguns.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:30:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I agree that the Repubs are just as elitist as the Dems but at least they aren't hypocritical about it.  The problem I have are the people who campaign against my right to own but feel its OK for themselves.   This is really the root of liberalism, the "I know whats best for you and I'll  make you do it."  attitude.

I can't remember his name right now but back in the 80's one the biggest loudmouths against guns used a handgun to shoot at some kids for pool jumping.  He lived in DC

Ted Kennedy is another one.   There was a big deal for a while when it hit the local news that he had obtained Class 3 permits for his security people to carry subguns.
Keep it coming let out the hypocricy
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:34:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep it coming let out the hypocricy
Carl Rowan its in the nation of cowards link
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#21]
you know they will.  they will bend the rules for themselves after (assuming) it passes.  they always do this shit, fucking liberals - they are just as bad as RoPers

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:52:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Nope, that’s not elitist.

Those people just want security and are willing to pay for it. Rich people are a huge target for thieves and robbers. So, it only makes sense that some of them would want to live in a gated community. A lot of those people also don’t’ want to deal with the general public and will go out of their way to avoid doing so. But that’s still not elitist.  

Elitists believe that they are better than everyone else and think they need to invent rules for the common man to follow. But, since they are better, the elitists don’t think they need to follow those rules. After all, they were just written to control the peasants, not them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I think that they need to consider the fact that Amercians are an ingenious lot and that there are a lot of easily attainable milling machine and engineering knowledge. As long a s gun ownership is above board and legal the .gov has a pretty good idea of what is out there.

If it is illegal to own weapons there will be a cottage industry explosion in the black market of "very dangerous" firearms. Rather than alienating a large amount of people the gun banners may ought to think about following the Constitution and saving their liberal rage for the animals and the poor.

96Ag
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
well, beleive it or not a lot of the anti gun peoples actually have very large collections of arms. it's the old "I'm good enough to have these things but they don't want you or me to have them".

John Kerry has a large collection of weapons and even Feinstien has one of the only few CCW permits in San Francisco

just remeber, not long after the Brady bill act was imposed Sarah Brady herself got into a little trouble for trying to buy her son a rifle under her name(basically a straw purchase) because if i have it correct, he couldn't own a firearm.

piss on anyone that wants to take away my god givin right.

camaro

She bought him a rifle as a gift, and he was not prohibited from owning firearms. It wasn't a straw purchase, but with everyone knowing her feeling toward guns in the hands of the public, it sure was a hypocritical one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Didn't chucky shoe-mer admit he keeps an AR-15 rifle under his bed?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#26]
All the libtards have armed bodyguards ...

Rosie O'donnell is a big gun hater..but she has armed guards.....fricking hypocrite

I read that one of  Kennedy's bodyguards was caught in NYC with a subgun....these people are almost unbearable...

fred
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Keep it coming, expose those elitest gun grabbers for what they really are, hypocrites!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, that’s not elitist.

Those people just want security and are willing to pay for it. Rich people are a huge target for thieves and robbers. So, it only makes sense that some of them would want to live in a gated community. A lot of those people also don’t’ want to deal with the general public and will go out of their way to avoid doing so. But that’s still not elitist.  

Elitists believe that they are better than everyone else and think they need to invent rules for the common man to follow. But, since they are better, the elitists don’t think they need to follow those rules. After all, they were just written to control the peasants, not them.
My definition of an "elite" is someone who does not have to worry about security because he is well off and then wants to disarm those less fortunate than him, classic turd world syndrome. If you are a peon not so well off working middle class stiff then you should unarmed so therefore you will not be a threat to those elites, criminals, police and military, when the peon stiffs are unarmed the criminal will prey on the easy marks, just like the turd world countries.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:41:26 AM EDT
[#29]
To put it bluntly, these AWB's are for us, not them (moneyed people)(reps, senators)

fred
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
To put it bluntly, these AWB's are for us, not them (moneyed people)(reps, senators)

fred
most rich people, hollywood types, city officials, rich tourists and all their relatives.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fred
most rich people, hollywood types, city officials, rich tourists and all their relatives.

Many of the antis have found ways to be listed as "officers of the court", and as such, are allowed CCW. Hey... when you attend cocktail partiesd with elected judges, miracles can happen. Or, of course, in the case of NYC, where permits are about as common as hen's teeth, if you party with the Mayor or Councilmen, then your application will be seen as "deserving", and the single mom who works late in Bed-Stuy gets her application "round-filed".

In addition. one of the big tricks for political contributors in Shitcago/Crook County was to be named as a "Reserve Deputy", and be given an ID and badge identifying you as an RLEO. Until IL tightened up on the requirements for "auxiliary and reserve" officers, and basically required them to get the same training as a 9-5 officer, as long as you forked the ducats to the right candidate, you could get a badge... and subsequently carry.

Of course, CCW is prohibited for us peons in Occupied Ill-noise...
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Destroy-it, Shitcago-Crook County, Ill-noise. I love it
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#33]
"Those laws (gun control) are for the little people." ~ Jane Fonda
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Sure,

Dianne Frankenstein has a CCW.  Because she's one of the "important" people.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Does HR 1022 specifically exempt commercial entities like Blackwater?

If so, all you have to do is become your own "security company" or "private security guard".  

Not saying I condone an AWB; I don't...but the concept of the elite that banned your guns having to actually hire you and pay you high 5 to low 6 figures to protect I find amusing.

If the ban doesn't exempt commercial entities, it would be even more amusing if some local cop decided to publicly disarm Rosie's security guards, for example.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Of course they are - they're exempt from all laws. Even if there aren't formal exemptions in the law, nobody will ever arrest them or charge them with a crime. Any lowly LEO or DA who dares to question their elite status will soon find themselves looking for a job. And nobody in the Mainstream Media will ever print a word about it (unless of course they are a Republican). That's how the system works.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Elitests would probably not have to worry about a AWB or any gun ban, they live in safe enclaves with probably armed guards patrolling to keep peons out, they have enough money to hire off duty cops or private bodyguards. Plato the great philosopher said " the perfectly just society is one which an unarmed people exhibit virtue by minding their own business in the performance of their assigned functions, while the government of philospher -kings, above the law and protected by armed guardians unquestioning in their loyalty to the state, then engineers and fine-tunes the creation of that society, aided and abetted by myths that both hide and justify their totalitarian manipulation"

That Plato quote is pretty creepy..
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That Plato quote is pretty creepy..
Plato was probably an elite himself a member of the Greek Patrician class but he reveals the true agenda of what is trying to be what amounts to a disarmament like a turd world country. The fight is just beginning.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:57:48 AM EDT
[#39]
When the Chicago city councilmen passed the handgun ban back in the 80s, they made sure that they themselves were categorized as "peace officers" and thus, allowed to own and carry handguns within city limits.  

The new AWB in Cook County?  Same thing.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:37:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Sitting on my rooftop, ready to cast my vote.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:04:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Another liberal rep. Marty Luster ( D-Ithaca NY) was stopped at the DC airport with a loaded .38 in his bag. He said he forgot it was there, but he's also a screamer for abolishment of handgun ownership and concealed carry.

He had to give up his permit as part of the plea agreement. The liberals here love him.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
When the Chicago city councilmen passed the handgun ban back in the 80s, they made sure that they themselves were categorized as "peace officers" and thus, allowed to own and carry handguns within city limits.  

That's sick as you can get...reminds you of Communist Russia...

fred
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's sick as you can get...reminds you of Communist Russia...

fred
It seems as soon as that Berlin Wall was torn down the whole idea was to free the world, but I just don't believe it any more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top