Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:18:35 PM EDT
Well I have made it from Illinois to Wyoming. I am sitting comfrotably in my hotel room here in Wyoming.

I have had a few pit stops on the way, Omaha, and Denver namely. And while Denver was pretty, Wyoming has it beat hands down. Mountains, and no people. Just Antelope and wild Buffalo herds.

Driving through the Medicine Bow mountains was awesome. Some of the most jaw dropping scenerey this country has to offer.

Any questions, just ask!

God Bless!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't see you wave when you went through Omaha.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I didn't see you wave when you went through Omaha.

Should have said something I met up with olds who hangs out on red-dawn.net in Omaha. We went and had a few beers at a sports bar next to a gunshop.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Wyoming is a beautiful state.  
Comparing the city of Denver to the state of Wyoming isn't really a fair comparison, though.

With that said, Wyoming is my destination of choice if Colorado continues to fall into the liberal cesspool.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well I have made it from Illinois to Wyoming. I am sitting comfrotably in my hotel room here in Wyoming.

I have had a few pit stops on the way, Omaha, and Denver namely. And while Denver was pretty, Wyoming has it beat hands down. Mountains, and no people. Just Antelope and wild Buffalo herds.

Driving through the Medicine Bow mountains was awesome. Some of the most jaw dropping scenerey this country has to offer.

Any questions, just ask!

God Bless!

Wyoming has less than 300,000 people living in it, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You definitely have to take the time to drive up to the Grand Tetons, Jackson Hole, and then the National Park to see Old Faithful.  You're absolutely right - it is beautiful.  I can't believe 3 years have past since I was out there.  I'd love to go back.

Best wishes to you and good luck!

I'd love to go check out those areas, but unfortnately I gotta sit here to see if I get the job or not. I will be sure to check those out this summer even if I don't get the job and have to go back to Illinois. If Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons are the best places to check out in Wyoming then I could only imagine how awesome they are.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wyoming is a beautiful state.  
Comparing the city of Denver to the state of Wyoming isn't really a fair comparison, though.

With that said, Wyoming is my destination of choice if Colorado continues to fall into the liberal cesspool.

I was in and around Denver, I did go up to Estes Park though. I noticed watching the local news there in Denver that the state is turning very liberal. No smoking in bars? Bitching about a NASCAR track? C'mon people!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any questions, just ask!

God Bless!

Wyoming has less than 300,000 people living in it, IIRC.

About 500,000, but whos counting?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you on vacation or did you move?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You definitely have to take the time to drive up to the Grand Tetons, Jackson Hole, and then the National Park to see Old Faithful.  You're absolutely right - it is beautiful.  I can't believe 3 years have past since I was out there.  I'd love to go back.

Don't forget to head over to Crook County (Devils Tower) if you have the time.  A little slice of Heaven on Earth for beautiful geography.  Just a rocks throw (in Western distances ) from Mt. Rushmore.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Applying for a job, so I can move here. I don't EVER want to go back to Illinois after coming here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Applying for a job, so I can move here. I don't EVER want to go back to Illinois after coming here.

Where in the south did you see buffalo?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget to head over to Crook County (Devils Tower) if you have the time.  A little slice of Heaven on Earth for beautiful geography.  Just a rocks throw (in Western distances ) from Mt. Rushmore.

+1, the Devils Tower is cool as hell. And if you havent been to YNP, definitely check it out. I work there (well, I have the last two summers, not sure 'bout this one) so ask me stuff about it if ya want

Welcome to Wyoming, man!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering the same thing

btw guns762, I think I was in  one of your art classes back in high school
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw herds in between Cheyenne and Chubwater along I-25 and I80 east of Cheyenne between Cheyenne and Laramie, and some west of Laramie.

I'll try to post pics and videos ASAP. My digital camera was dead so I had to use 35mm camera and don't have a scanner with me, and I don't have the bandwith at thehotel to upload videos yet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Wyoming is the least populated state in USA but, it also has the highest rate of auto wreck fatalities in the USA. Less people and less traffic gives false sense of security on the road and ` I can get away with this`  kind of mentallity. Watch out and be careful.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was out there, too. I know what you mean. If I wasn't so far immersed in my current career w/ such an awesome retirement package, I would leave in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was out there, too. I know what you mean. If I wasn't so far immersed in my current career w/ such an awesome retirement package, I would leave in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't mind living there.  That has to be the most beautiful state in the Union, followed by Montana, then Colorado, North Carolina, Maine, Alaska, and Hawaii.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Are you in Cheyenne right now?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw herds in between Cheyenne and Chubwater along I-25 and I80 east of Cheyenne between Cheyenne and Laramie, and some west of Laramie.

I'll try to post pics and videos ASAP. My digital camera was dead so I had to use 35mm camera and don't have a scanner with me, and I don't have the bandwith at thehotel to upload videos yet.

Those aren't wild.   Ranch raised.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering the same thing

btw guns762, I think I was in  one of your art classes back in high school

No kidding?   What year?  Give me a hint about yourself, or your first name or something.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a guy here just west of Orlando that keeps a small herd of buffalo. He seems to move them between different pastures so I am not sure how many he has. We have a lot of cattle ranching in Florida but it is pretty cool to see buffalo here.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#23]
You in Rawlins now Meta ???? Give a call if ya head toward Rock Springs ....
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#24]
I lived in Denver area for abit scenery was nice but got old quick.

People got annoying quicker
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#25]
So I did my job interview in Rawlins. At that point in time the railroad informed all of us in attendance that they would not be offering any jobs in Rawlins Wyoming at this time.

So I decided to head back to Chicago. When I got to Denver (where I'm at now) yesterday they called again. Asking me to attend a hiring session in Bill Wyoming.

Unfortanately since I had an interview in Rawlins I am locked in with them for 6 months. I can not interview for another position with the railroad for 6 months.

So right now I'm sitting in Devner waiting for the hiring manager to get back to me to see if he can not update the computer and say I interviewed since they royally fucked me.

We will see...
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#27]
The Railroad notified me this morning that they are offering me a job. They need to back in Rawlins Wyoming on 03/26/2007.

PS: To all the people that said Rawlins was rough, WTF are you talking about? Does No Starbucks Coffee Shop = Rough?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The Railroad notified me this morning that they are offering me a job. They need to back in Rawlins Wyoming on 03/26/2007.

PS: To all the people that said Rawlins was rough, WTF are you talking about? Does No Starbucks Coffee Shop = Rough?

MP:

If you have seen Rawlins, and you like it, then I'd recommend taking the job, if all the other conditions are ok with you (pay, bennies, etc.).  I liked Wyoming.  Nice place to live, and lots of stuff to see, and places to play.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Maybe compared to IL, it isn't.   You just haven't been to the rest of WY yet.   Beauty is skin deep, my friend.   You may learn more after you've lived there a while.  In such small towns, prison populations and their families make a huge difference in the overall make up of the town.   The boom in oil and gas right now has the same effect.  We've even seen a little of it in Powell.  

It will be worth it, though.   WY is a great place, but don't tell anyone else.  We have enough imports.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a guy here just west of Orlando that keeps a small herd of buffalo. He seems to move them between different pastures so I am not sure how many he has. We have a lot of cattle ranching in Florida but it is pretty cool to see buffalo here.

Yep I used to see em in between Apopka and Ocoee
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I have been going to clark wyoming every year for 7 years now.

I stay on a buffalo ranch.
It also is a working horse ranch.

I get to hunt in the Bear tooth mountain range.

Closest town is 30 miles away (Cody).

Doesn't cost me anything to stay and the
guy that owns it is a father to me.

I love it there.

Had alot of adventures there and I consider it my second home.

If you go off the road on accident ....you hit a rock and die.

Chief Joseph highway is awesome.

4 wheeler trails are awesome.

I'd love to live there but it would be hard to make
the money I'm making now and my roots are too
buried here in Florida.

It really is heaven on earth.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I love it there.

buried here in Florida.

Clark, where the wind blows so hard, they have tie downs on the roofs(no shit), rocks from glacier terminal morain(sp?), so frequent nothing grows there, including sage brush.

Listen dude, that's my back yard, quit telling everyone about it.  It's awful, horribly windy, and dang cold.  That is what you tell folks...k?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I will probably feel the same way you guys do about WY, don't tell anyone anything good about it...but after my visit I fell in love. The Oil Rig guys are great, they treated me like family. They told me all about the great state.

Wyoming is home to the greatest people in the USA.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I will probably feel the same way you guys do about WY, don't tell anyone anything good about it...but after my visit I fell in love. The Oil Rig guys are great, they treated me like family. They told me all about the great state.

Wyoming is home to the greatest people in the USA.

Seriously, be careful around the oil patch guys.  I have several friends that work the fields and they tell me that meth use is nuts with most of them.  He is constantly firing guys that fail their urin test.    Most are good hardworking folks, but there are quite a few flakes out there too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I made the move from east to west.  My dad hates me for it.  I live in an little town in southern CO.  It was totally worth it.  Where I live will give the tetons a run for their money, no shit.  Completely worth the hassle and I am happy with the place, the awesome people, and the schools.  The true test of any move is how you feel when you go back to visit friends and family.  I enjoy where I'm from for 2-3 days, then I' m ready to get the hell outa there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love it there.

buried here in Florida.

Clark, where the wind blows so hard, they have tie downs on the roofs(no shit), rocks from glacier terminal morain(sp?), so frequent nothing grows there, including sage brush.

Listen dude, that's my back yard, quit telling everyone about it.  It's awful, horribly windy, and dang cold.  That is what you tell folks...k?

Got it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top