Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 7:24:03 PM EDT
How many of you have wanted a SIG 550? Well since that pesky ban we couldnt get them here in Canada either, but sig released a new rifle and there for sale just across your border! I bet you all cant whait for that ban to go away. Here are some pictures of the SIG Blue Star, and yes its blue:
[img]http://www.theshootingedge.com/tse/catalog/rifles/image/bluestar1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.theshootingedge.com/tse/catalog/rifles/image/bluestar-receiver1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
If it doesn`t have a flash suppressor or a bayonet lug, since it has a fixed stock and that special blue color it should be considered a sporting weapon. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yet another reason to HATE CANADA.

Awesome strip clubs and NEW Sig Rifles.

OK GUYS, how do we take the gubment back? I want a frickin BLUE Sig!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont hate Canada, Hate Clinton!
The stock is folding and I beleive there is a muzzle brake aswell, here is the info they give:

This .223, superbly accurate semi-automatic rifle, is based on the proven SIG 540 design. It features an integral bipod, standard tritium night sights and a folding stock. The rifle can be accessorized with many options such as the precision "adjustable rear iris" as shown on the photo or a detachable picatiny base which will allow the use of other siting systems.

Each rifle comes with: 2 x 5 round magazines, an extensive cleaning kit and a sling.

While the metal minus the barrel is Blue, all plastic fixtures are black.

Our trial rifle shoots sub-MOA!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#5]
We civis can have this in USA with proper papers amongst other things :

how about this ump45;

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/88e49412/bc/toys/ump45-1.jpg.jpg?bcExGA8AxTUcMtZS[/img]
[:)]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]
and how about this with hi-cap mags;

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/88e49412/bc/toys/__hr_g36mags.jpg?bcExGA8AFSxOvA7D[/img]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#7]
better pic .. g36

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/88e49412/bc/toys/g36stnd.jpg?bcExGA8AA.UA1MNb[/img]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#8]
and how about a belt-fed, brothers ..

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/88e49412/bc/toys/__hr_hk21e---1.jpg?bcExGA8A5lJebLCQ[/img]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah, simmer down pierre.....
BTW, what method do you employ to carry all those MASSIVE 5 round mags ??? maybe a bandolier that holds a bunch eh ??
bang,bang,bang,bang,bang...........hold on reloading.........
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/nogood.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#10]
We can get UMP45 and G36's aswell. And with proper papers you can get chain fed's too. As for high caps, well you got us there, its impossible to take a plug out of a mag *snicker*
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
scarecrow - with those pretty selector switches too ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]
njogi,
Civilians in Canada can buy G36's, UMP's and that sig rifle. I'd like to see your normal non LEO walk into a store and buy a G36 and a 10" barreled AR with flash supressor that just came from the factory 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, so you have access to some fine weapons, BUT....WTF good are they if all you can shoot is 5 rounds at a time ??? why not just have a good bolt action rifle !!!
Thats like being able to have a ferrari or a bmw or some other kick ass fast car BUT only if it has a governor on it which only allows it to go 40 mph !!!!
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/banghead.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Its all for SHTF type stuff. Since when at the range or hunting did you need 30rds? if you did I think its time you invested in some optics or give up guns all together. If the SHTF there are plenty of high cap mags with plugs, and all you need to fix them is either some paint remouver or a drill. Personaly 5rds is alright, its perfect for target shooting or hunting.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Scarecrow;

The above pics from me are not available to general public I understand.  We are cool on everything else, and I am glad you can get those toys there, and I am happy for Canadians.

But I also did not want my fellow brothers here to become too disappointed ..

In MO state, we can get transferable pre-86 full autos with a firearms license such as C&R, e.g. M16 - Then you can do anything to it, like putting on short barrels.. Also you can currently have an AR15 or such and register it as a SBR.  Some other states such as Nebraska, Go "Huskers", you can own an MG without needing licenses such as MO, Got to follow certain guide lines and still we can have fun too!

Forgive me if you know this already.. All the power to you guys but also wanted you to know we have fun here too!

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Also, I am sorry to say, We need Beta-C's and Hi Caps, as it is, with 30 rnd mags at full auto, the fun just begins when you run out of ammo.

Now with the HK21E, the fun lasts as long as the best keeps coming and there is stopage for the barrel change.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Yah I wish I could get full auto, and have a HK21 =(

I wish I could move somewhere in the US and keep all my postban rifles in preban config.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I hear you Scarecrow.

I can live without B-Lug and maybe flash hider - Mostly putting an AK 74 muzzle brake really makes the M16 controllable, but what I can not live with is the pistol grip. I do not like thumbhole stocks...But I would rather have those then some of the orange stuff crap and real ugly things they have to put on in Europe to have it legal.

I went to a MG shoot just last weekend and a guy with M16 was shooting with a post upper - Wow! what a flame thrower and loud it was.. I can bear the AK or Smith Muzzle brake but this was the first time I saw and heard the sound of post upper going in full auto!
You can light quite a few things nearby if not in total clear place.

I also think now it is harder to get anything like HK21E and some of the really modern stuff since the general thinking is going towards LEO's not needing it. HK is very reluctant on releasing anything unless you know of their connections.  We are waiting for our Kit to make the 21 into 23 (to shoot .223)- Get little here and there and mostly waiting ...

Have a good one..and a good swig of that good Canadian beer...wait also that good Canadian whiskey!  :)

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:24:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Those are so FCKN cool.

How much in Canadian dollars?

I also need some Gold Mapleleafs!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:45:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Of course we can't forget the 551!

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1389369&a=10369237&p=35029458&Sequence=0[/img]

Gruss Got,
RG.nl
View Quote

Sorry Mr Bollocks, Photopoint just doesn't want to go along with your presentation.[;)]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:02:53 AM EDT
[#21]
WELL,look at it this way.While in Canada you have more options for "assault" weapons,but in the U.S. you can have Hi-caps.An "assualt" weapon is reliant on hi-caps to further extend their potent rounds.
In all reality,a semi-auto rifle with hi-cap is capable of far mroe damage and suppressive fire then a full-auto with a 5 round magazine.
As for hi-caps and SHTF,when a mob is in the area,I'd like  to know I could go for a while before re-loading.
Not to mention we can have beta-mags,while super-expensive,we don't need documentation to buy them here,and we can legally have them.
I have to say here in the U.S. we have it better.BUT...we should have it even MORE better then how it is right now.I guess terrorists have to land on our shores before they pull these dumbass "bayonet" laws and crap away.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:13:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

too bad it was Bush that banned the imports in 1989...
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#23]
SIG, did anyone say SIG 550..

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/032/Mp/Wb/4Y/TL14500.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In all reality,a semi-auto rifle with hi-cap is capable of far mroe damage and suppressive fire then a full-auto with a 5 round magazine.
View Quote

A $10 bulk pack of Wal-Mart box cutters and a few plane tickets - coupled with a paranoid cultural attitude towards firearms and the subsequent disarmament of those responsible for thousands of lives - have proven to be capable of causing far more damage than either of the above.

Neat SIG though.

The 5 rd limits REALLY suck on an AR.  bababa-bababa-click-magdrop-newmag-insertmag-boltrelease-bababababa-click-etc.  Though it does mean that one gets a LOT of practice changing mags...
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:42:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

too bad it was Bush that banned the imports in 1989...
View Quote

Clinton blows just as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top