Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2001 6:44:29 PM EDT
I am thinking about having a vasectomy.  Can I get a little advice i.e. pro's, cons, horror stories etc.
Thanx in advance

Oh yeah, does it hurt?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
"...as a 100% uncut American Male, I don't have any good advice on this one..."[rolleyes]

[b][blue]BusMaster007[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
If you get a clip, will you still be dangerous, dan????????
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
do follow the after care procedure!! I was bored and started moving stuff and wound up taking a few extra days off before the swelling stopped.
The wife loves not having to be careful and is much more eager for sex.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the guys at my previous job had it done and said it felt like he was kicked in the balls for a few days. He said his little boy jumped up on his lap and he almost smacked the kid because of the pain.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]
i have one scheduled for 11/1.  Neighbor has had one and tells me no problem.  Schedule for a Thursday - king for the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
You've never been so alive as when you watch smoke curl up off your balls.[:D]

I was cut Friday, back to work Monday morning. No ice or other BS required, just loose fitting pants. Wasn't bad, great narcotics were supplied, completely unneeded for the surgery. Nice to have later though. Afterwards, wife thought it was a new toy. Don't skip the sperm count after. I had a friend that had a 3rd vas deferens. Was quite a surprise to all concerned.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Got one 6 months ago. Worst part was the local they give you (guess where it's local to). I am glad I had it done.Keep ice on it and take the weekend off, meaning schedule it for a friday.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
May I recommend nationally renowned Dr. Lorena Bobbitt..for this delicate procedure.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#9]
there are a couple of ways it done, make sure you get the 2 small hole(stichless) version It's said to be less painful and easy to recovery. I had it done on a Fri was at work Sunday(oil refinery operator) although I was a bit ginger climbing ladder/stairs for a coupled of days.

Clint
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Had one 3 months ago. Took the valium before hand so I didn't care too much during the procedure. No real pain, just a slight tug. I've had dentist visits that were more harrowing.

It wasn't horrible, just sit around for a few days doing nothing. Watch some dvd's. Had a script for percoset and didn't use it - advil was good enough. Slept in a jock strap for several days. A secret I found was to wear a pair of tight bikini briefs over a pair of those 'hybrid' type briefs. Looks like something out of flashdance, but it provides a lot of support.

I had some slight pain for a month or two, but only if the area was under undo stress. Now there's no pain, just a couple small fading scars.

I concur that the smell of your vas deferens being cauterized is an unforgetable event.

Check out [url]www.vasectomy-information.com[/url] for a boatload of stories.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Been shootin blanks a few years now.

The pain does go away after a couple of weeks.

Your "boys" will be shaved. [scary]

Your amount of, err, ahh, "output" will drop by maybe 10%. You may not notice but your wife/gf might.

Your "boys" will be shaved.[scary]

No more "pull it out and shoot it on her face" method of birth control.

You'll have an irresistable impulse to go to the mall more often and cross your legs funny.

Had mine done by Dr. Becker The Pecker Wrecker as he was known in Gardnerville, NV.

Oh, did I mention, YOUR BOYS WILL BE SHAVED.

All in all, glad I had it done.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh, did I mention, YOUR BOYS WILL BE SHAVED.
View Quote

I had a beautiful, blonde, 20 something wench handling my nuts and all I could think of was the doc standing over that tray.[:(]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#13]
$275 cash deal before bow season starts here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#14]
A buddy of mine had it done a few months back. The next morning as he was getting out of the shower one of his balls fell off and rolled under the clothes hamper.
But I'm sure that was an isolated incident and nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#15]
And I didn't even mention the NEEDLE!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine had it done a few months back. The next morning as he was getting out of the shower one of his balls fell off and rolled under the clothes hamper.
View Quote

Such encouraging words. I can't wait!
BTW, I was going to ask, do they shave your "boys"?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh my GOD that's funny!!

[b]Quoted by Rainman:
Your amount of, err, ahh, "output" will drop by maybe 10%. You may not notice but your wife/gf might.
[/b]

Actually my "output" went up at least 25%, and yes my wife noticed.  Her face never looked prettier[:D]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#18]
What?  You're going to let them fiddle around with "Man-Land?"

;)

Just try not to get all excited when the nurse is "prepping" you...
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#19]
In the context of a loving marriage, children are always a blessing. I would never be cut.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#20]
DON'T DO IT!!  Don't get your nuts chopped off for anyone.

My uncle did this as part of an ultimatum from his wife, and they were divorced anyways about a year later.  He eventually remarried, they both wanted kids, but...
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
DON'T DO IT!!  Don't get your nuts chopped off for anyone.

My uncle did this as part of an ultimatum from his wife, and they were divorced anyways about a year later.  He eventually remarried, they both wanted kids, but...
View Quote

In what universe do you get a vasectomy by having your 'nuts cut off'?

If you want the vasectomy, go for it. Find a good doctor you're comfortable with. Make sure both you and your wife will never want any children. Once you're sure of that, you'll be glad you went through with it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I had intended this for myself at one time. But after reading a study at a local hospital I was working at that cut men had a higher risk of Prostrate cancer I decided not to.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in danger of sound like a nut when I say this, but I'll do it anyway.  dangerousdan, are you sure there isn't a bad reason your wife wants you to do this?  Every single guy I've known that has gotten a vasectomy did it because their wife wanted them to, then she screwed (well, figuratively) him.  A good friend of mine was 32 when his loving wife of 14 years talked him into it.  Two weeks later, she left him.  She had it planned-out as a way of getting back at him for losing his job.  Now, he's married to a 27 year-old, and they want to have kids, but...

Just make sure the motives are good.  I've seen too many women use it as a cheap stab in the back.z
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#24]
"In what universe do you get a vasectomy by having your 'nuts cut off'?"

My word was "chopped," not "cut."  In my corner of the universe, the choice of "chopped" over "cut" indicates a literary device known as "sarcasm."  Look it up.

Don't you recognise humor when you see it?  No flames intended (well, maybe a little) - don't take it personally.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#25]
A guy I know told a story about a guy he knew (yeah, right!) - a hunting guide in Alaska.

The guide had a client, a vetenarian by trade.  The guide mentioned that he was thinking of getting snipped but the money was kinda tight.

The vet replied that, "Hell, I've done it for years on animals, and I can do it for you in exchange for the cost of the hunt."

He thought about it for a moment, dropped his drawers, and hopped on the table.  The deed was done and bandages were applied.

Well, guess what?  A few months later after the vet was gone, his wife was expecting.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Might as well cut your balls off.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I had mind done about 4 months ago. The only thing that really hurt was the local. 2 shots total, and the nurse pulling the grounding pad stuck to my side(vary hairy). Sore for 2 days. Used frozen corn and peas to keep swelling down.

Don't do any extremely strainous stuff for a while(Removing barrels from actions). You will be sore in the morning.

One thing I have to say about it is DAMN the orgasms are really intense now!! Like Your Head is gona Explode!(the one you put your hat on you perv's)

So that's my experience.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't believe what a bunch of wimps some of you guys are. Maybe you don't need vasectomy because you ain't got any cajones to begin with (hey, I'm only joking).

There's no proof of an increased cancer risk. That's been debunked. [url]http://www.vasectomy-information.com/journal/topic2.asp?search=Vasectomy+and+prostate+cancer[/url]

If you want it, and your wife wants it, do it. So what if someone has an anecdote about a harpish wife leaving their husband after the vasectomy? Who is to say they wouldn't have left them anyway?

Seriously, people. Grow up and grow a pair. Don't discourage someone just because you lack the courage to undergo the procedure.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Had the wife shave the boys, not the nurse. More fun that way. Hell I went out for Chinese afterwards and went shopping with the wife. The only pain was in my stomach, which I had been told by many "experienced " guys that if the doc did it right, that is where it would hurt. And whoever said this, he's right, ----> you won't forget the sight and smell of your balls smokin.

I would caution you to make sure that you are done having kids. I have four boys and wish I had tried one more time for a daughter.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't mess with the jewels. Keep it 100% real.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No more "pull it out and shoot it on her face" method of birth control.
View Quote

That kinda takes the joy out of it, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Dang, y'all done talked me out of it! [BD]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't mess with the jewels. Keep it 100% real.
View Quote

Damn right LotBoy!

If ya want your balls cut off, then just talk about Fight Club, or try to stop Project Mayhem [;)]

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dang, y'all done talked me out of it! [BD]
View Quote

YEA!!!  Tho' I walk through the valley, my buds at AR15.com are WITH me!!!

ALLLL----RIGHTY, THEN!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't understand all of the talk and concern about the smoke coming off of 'em during the procedure. Hell mine have smoke curling off of them every time I have sex. If y'alls don't then you aren't putting enough enthusiasm into the act itself.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

ROTFLMAO!

Jesus, Slinger! Don't make me laugh so hard! My co-workers will find out I've been wasting time on this board instead of working! [;)]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Bigdb1 and Robbie,

I remember going in and my doc had a female PA that was actualy going to do the work.  I was kind of cocky (pun intended) and wanted to see her face when Dick started to grow during prep.

Well I started thinking about the procedure and when she came towards my gninyockies with that needle I practicly had an inny.  Mr. Johnson was nowhere to be found.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Had it done a few years ago.

The downside is the experience itself.

Upside:

1. You'll live longer
2. You'll be calmer
3. You won't pee on the carpet anymore
4. You won't hump visitor's legs anymore

I really miss #4.[:(]

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for all the help. I appreciate all the input from everyone.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Had it done twenty five years ago.  Shooting blanks since.  Minor 'discomfort' when the doc gave me the local.  Since they had given me a couple of pills to take at home first before going into the doc's office, I was in no pain anyway.  The entire process took only a few minutes.  Only one thing...when he hooked and then PULLLLLLED those little curly tubes out to cut them...I FELT it.  Not really painful...just felt it.
Afterwards, make sure you take the pain meds and use the ice bag, especially at night...and DON'T do anything strenuous for a few days.  That's a great excuse to relax and watch football for a couple of weekends.
I would also be real careful about making sure the sperm count is at zero BEFORE you go back to doing the horizontal mambo.  This operation don't necessarily work overnight.  After you're safe, you can try to convince the wife/gf that you need to determine the net effect of this operation...but if she is like most steadies...she will just laugh in your face.
Bottom line...if you're convinced you are done making kids...get the operation.
[soapbox][beer]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#41]
[b]Don't underestimate the importance of the follow-up samples![/b]

My first post surgery sample was "clean", the next one was not. The ones to follow got worse. Although the tubes were cauterized and clamped, the inflamed tissue reconnected below the cutoff. This failure occurs in approx 1/1000 vasectomies. So I went back into the stirrups for a second time.

We had a husband and wife in our childbirth class that told us they were expecting a child because the husband did not go back and give his samples, since his was clamped and burned! His too had reconnected. Now they have a baby.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
[b]Don't underestimate the importance of the follow-up samples![/b]

View Quote
I had mine done January of 2000, with hardly any problems. It was painless, but the wisp of smoke you can't miss. It took me several samples before I was "clear". Nothing like handing a bottle of your DNA to the old gal behind the reception desk at the Doc's... not once, not twice but...5 times. The lab tech, though, was this young hottie [;)]

The right "boy" still gives me a twinge every now and then, they say it's congestion that goes away eventually...
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#43]
If you decide to go through it, put some, uh, "samples" on ice just in case.

A former coworker of mine lost his entire family in a house fire while he was away.  Not being able to have kids again was a very painful topic for him.

Personally, I've always felt that "69" was the best form of birth control, wiht "68" being a close second. [:p]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I know where you can get it done for free.  SteyrAug will do it [s]for[/s] [b]to[/b] you if you buy a gun from him at dealer cost[smash]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top