Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2001 4:59:23 PM EDT
Now That's the way to stop hijackers.

They should let everybody be ARMED.
FYI: [url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010924/pl/attack_airlines_security_dc_3.html[/url]
^
[size=1]Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL
Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.[/size=1][url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
[size=1]Revelation 13:18[/size=1][url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/da/tech.htm[/url]  

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth
Liberate Your Mind

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, ABC news reported this as well. It was fun to watch Peter Jennings keep a stiff upper lip while he reported that the pilots union wanted guns in the cockpit.

They might learn one day.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
YES.

Support this!
And also, CCW reciprocity for all LEO's everywhere- including on airliners!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can trust the pilots with a VERY expensive airplane, then surely they can handle a sidearm.  Also, provide the ones who want it some decent training.  ArmdLbrl, Surely you can't mean all LEOs.  Some of the LEOs in the small towns where I live shouldn't be allowed to carry BB guns.  Well, they probably can't afford an airline ticket anyway.  This is not bashing on ALL LEOs by any means, just that ALL is a VERY strong word that should be used sparingly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
ArmdLbrl

I support the right of all license to carry holders to be able to carry across state lines, but I do not support giving the right to carry across state lines just to Law Enforcement Officers, they have too many perks already. There is no reason a police officer should be able to carry a firearm to protect himself and his family when not actually working when no one else can. The police are no better then anyone else and should not have any special privileges or rights that are not also held by the other citizens of our country.  

By the way I believe that the Pilots should be armed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Pilots already have the right to carry on airplanes.  FAR (Federal Aviation Regulation) 108.11 allows crewmembers to be armed if the airline okays it,  but airlines prohibit the practice.  Of course, the FAA has now decided to repeal this regulation as of November 14.  That really makes sense, doesn't it.  Congressman Ron Paul of Texas has introduced House Resolution 2896 to preempt this move and it remove the FAA from any decision making on this policy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ArmdLbrl

I support the right of all license to carry holders to be able to carry across state lines, but I do not support giving the right to carry across state lines just to Law Enforcement Officers, they have too many perks already. There is no reason a police officer should be able to carry a firearm to protect himself and his family when not actually working when no one else can. The police are no better then anyone else and should not have any special privileges or rights that are not also held by the other citizens of our country.  

By the way I believe that the Pilots should be armed.
View Quote

Dont be so literal.
We have been trying to get this passed as a wedge issue for a number of years now. I doubt that you are so prejudiced toward leos that you would not support a increase in the number of people that have CCW reciprocity, however limited? Cut off you nose to spite your face?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top