Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/18/2007 1:55:26 PM EDT
I've got a Remington 700 stainless with synthetic stock and fluted barrel in .223 Remington with rings, and Harris bi-pod, no scope.   In honor of Remington for taking a stand I will give this to anyone who donates the most 1 year NRA or GOA standard memberships.   Conspiro-Agnew is graciously adding to the pot by offering a CMT upper receiver with M4 feedramps, forward assist and dust cover!!!!!!

If you are a serious gun owner here, and have some money to help others, how about protecting your sport and hobby, not just for yourself but others.  

This is auction style.  Highest donations of NRA or GOA donated subscriptions wins the gun and upper!!!!!!

Auction ends 5:00 PM  Friday, February 23, 2007 TX time we'll see who wins.  

Edit:  See below for more explanation......auction style!

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
tack this thread.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't afford to buy any right now, (college, and had to put tires on my car ) but i'd love to receive one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd love a membership.

(I'd make a pledge to keep it renewed from here on out that's all I can really afford to commit to)
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]
If anyone wants to give a membership to yet another poor college student...

right here please
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I would love to have a membership, money is really tight now.  Thanks for your generosity.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#7]
TI, IM incoming.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

right here please

+1 poor broke college kid here to if it wasnt for the fact my books were stolen from my jeep I would buy it for myself
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Also broke right here.  Poor student with a kid on the way.  I wouldn't mind the 700 either...
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I think this is a great idea. But I do have one question. Why make the cutoff day so soon? I mean it seems your goal for doing this is getting the most new members possible signed up. So why not let it run for a month or even two? There may be people here who can't afford to pitch in right now that perhaps could a month from now. I am in this boat myself.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#11]
How much is a membership? or even a lifetime membership (though I doubt I have the funds right now for that )
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry, I guess I wasn't to clear.....

This is auction style.  I'm at 10 gifted memberships.  If someone were to offer 11 and nobody else did, they get the gun.  They have to pay for 11 memberships.  If nobody beats my 10 I keep my gun and pay for another 10 memberships.

If someone offers 15, then Joe Blow closes with 20 gifted memberships then Joe Blow gets the gun. Everyone else is off the hook for gifting, unless you just wanted to do it.

NRA memberships are $35 each.  You can get them for $25 each so 10 NRA memberships would cost $250.00. GOA looks like $20? or $35?  So if anyone were to offer 11 (11x25 is $275) then you would get the Rem 700 if that is the number that won.  Not a bad deal.  Only one gun, and only one winner.

I'm not giving the 10 away unless I win my own raffle/auction.  If I'm the only one donating I'll give up 10.  If anyone tops me, they get the gun and have to pony up x number of gifted memberships.

I'll change the end date to Friday Feb. 23, 2007. 5:00 PM.  I did such a short time because late last night I gave away 25 and they were gone in 30 min.  With that kind of response I thought hell a gun tossed into it ought to get others to put some up also.  Admittedly its been pretty weak compared to last night in the number of hits and replies.  Hope I cleared up any confusion.

I'm not a charity. I did my charity with the 27 or so I donated yesterday, and I'm glad I did it.  I got a lot of great response and I'm trying to get other gun owners to jump on board and make this happen so I'm offering up a great bonus.  I'd love for someone to offer 100 memberships!  My personal gun collection is easily worth dropping a few notes to help ensure my future ownership, and if I can help out someone tight in the purse strings I'm happy to do so.  I know others  on this site have more to risk in terms of $ in their gun collections.  So why not buy a small amount of lifetime insurance, and add to your collection and help a fellow gun owner and ARFCOMER?

Quoted:
Also broke right here.  Poor student with a kid on the way.  I wouldn't mind the 700 either...
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Good for you, Texas_Infidel!

I will open the bidding at 15 NRA memberships.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for your enthusiasm.  I appreciate it.  I finally got around to getting my own membership.  I know it isn't much, but it is something we all need to do, if only for a little bit of solidarity.  We need to keep the ball rolling.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the explanation. It makes perfect sense now.

BTW, don't get too dejected by the number of replies thus far. It seems tacked threads are the last place people look here and it takes a while for them to catch momentum.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I would also like to get in line for a donated NRA membership.  

College student married with 2 kids.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

right here please
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#18]
PM sent.

Thank you for doing this!
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#19]
If anyone wants to help a college student trapped behind enemy lines in Illinois (originally from Chicago nonetheless) with an NRA membership, lemme know.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#20]
That is really cool for you to do that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#21]
while i'm too broke for this contest, this thread, and the one from yesterday, has inspired me to purchase an NRA membership for my brother and myself.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
while i'm too broke for this contest, this thread, and the one from yesterday, has inspired me to purchase an NRA membership for my brother and myself.  

Good man!  It is one of the most effective things you can do to help protect your 2nd Amendment rights.  And don't forget to take an individual role as well, by voting always and by contacting your representatives in government and letting them know that you oppose gun control whenever the grabbers propose another anti-gun bill.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#23]
AWESOME thread and AWESOME deal !  

Good on you, man We need to stick together and show that douchebag zumbo what us terrorists are all about !

Damned motivating !  Color me VERY impressed.

Link Posted: 2/19/2007 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#24]
15 memberships!  Thank You!!!   Anyone want to show your RKBA support by bumping it to say 20 and helping the cause and your future gun ownership?  I hear and see a lot of talk.......how about backing that talk up and getting a gun in the process?  I think Sara Brady would be pissed to know you bought someone else an NRA membership and got an evil gun....soon to be sniper rifle so the value will only increase when its labeled!!!

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:24:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Great idea, I wish that I could help.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

right here please

+1 for me too.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Must be a lot of broke college students on this board, but add me to that list.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

right here please

+1

I can show college student ID for proof too...

Good idea tho.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#29]
And, what's the high bid at the moment?  I didn't see any takers posted.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What about broke grad students?  Do we count?

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#31]
REMINGTOWN3D style taggidty tag tag!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#32]
15 is the high bid.  

Quoted:
And, what's the high bid at the moment?  I didn't see any takers posted.

How about making a bid?  It will help your future, and you might motivate someone else to bid higher.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#33]
SO what has the NRA said about ZUMBO and his Chairmanship?

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
SO what has the NRA said about ZUMBO and his Chairmanship?

If you prefer the GOA to the NRA, you can outbid me with GOA memberships.  The offer that Texas_Infidel has so generously made is good for either NRA or GOA memberships.  So, care to top my bid of 15 NRA memberships with 16 or more GOA memberships?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Is the rifle a 700 SV SF, or is it a 700 VS SF II? It's hard to tell from the pics.

I'll bid, pending answer...
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Is the rifle a 700 SV SF, or is it a 700 VS SF II? It's hard to tell from the pics.

I'll bid, pending answer...

Texas_Infidel hadn't yet posted pictures when I opened the bidding, and I could swear he originally wrote it was a 700 BDL.  But I can't see anything about BDL now, and the pictures sure seem to show a VS SF or VS SF II.  Assuming that is the case, this needs a lot more bidding than what I opened at.  Come on guys, pony up!

ETA - Are the flutes on the VS SF II always black powder coated?  If so, then I would guess this is a VS SF.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#38]
In light of recent threats to the second...

I bid 20 NRA memberships.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I've got a Remington 700 stainless with synthetic stock and fluted barrel in .223 Remington with rings, and Harris bi-pod, no scope.   In honor of Remington for taking a stand I will give this to anyone who donates the most 1 year NRA or GOA standard memberships.  

If you are a serious gun owner here, and have some money to help others, how about protecting your sport and hobby, not just for yourself but others.  Nobody will do it for you so lets see who has the balls!  I do.  I've already done it.  Got over 25 in less than an hour.  

Free NRA Membership

So I'm willing to go further to get some of you motivated.  A free Remington 700  shipped to an FFL  It has maybe 150 rounds down it  I'd rate it 97%+.  Rules are simple.  Post how many you will pony up for a 1 year membership.  Needs to be the gift that keeps on giving so the mag subscription is a must.  No associate memberships.

This is auction style.  Highest donations wins the gun.

I'll start with donating another 10 1 year memberships to the NRA.  No reason for this to run forever so at 5:00 PM Monday February 18, 2007  Friday, February 23, 2007 TX time we'll see who wins.  I hope its someone else besides myself!

Edit:  See below for more explanation......auction style!

Well, I already joined the NRA the other day, but maybe I could help increase the prize? I'll chip in a CMT upper receiver with M4 feedramps, forward assist and dust cover. Since we're on for getting people mobilized, and since we got motivated by Zumbo's comments regarding our AR's, I figure it's only the right thing to do to have at least part of an AR as the prize. So yeah, count me in for donating towards the grand prize.

Texas Infidel, please keep me posted as to who wins. I'll let you run the auction, you let me know the winner and his/her address and when the mailing is to go through. Drop me an email if you need any info from me. Thanks!

ETA: the CMT upper has never had a barrel assembled onto it. It is brand spanking new!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Morning bump to 22 NRA memberships.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
In light of recent threats to the second...

I bid 20 NRA memberships.

Excellent!  However, I have seen your 20 NRA memberships and raised you to 22.  You aren't going to let the great state of Texas be outbid by a weeny from Maryland, are you?  

Quoted:

Well, I already joined the NRA the other day, but maybe I could help increase the prize? I'll chip in a CMT upper receiver with M4 feedramps, forward assist and dust cover.

Thank you!  That is very generous of you, and certainly sweetens the pot.  I wonder if it would be better to run it as a second auction or combine it with the first.  I almost think we might be able to generate more total bids if it is auctioned separately since some people might be interested in the upper but not the 700, and visa-versa.

Texas_Infidel, what say you?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Good on you!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#43]
If you keep them together I'll use the $1000 that I was going to put towards a lifetime NRA membership towards 40 memberships, GOA or NRA, three of which I'd like to reserve for a coworker, my brother-in-law, and a neighbor.

I dread having to enter THAT many memberships online.  Is there a better/faster/easier way?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
If you keep them together I'll use the $1000 that I was going to put towards a lifetime NRA membership towards 40 memberships, GOA or NRA, three of which I'd like to reserve for a coworker, my brother-in-law, and a neighbor.

I dread having to enter THAT many memberships online.  Is there a better/faster/easier way?

Superb!  Never mind my silly suggestion about splitting the 700 and upper into two auctions.  They obviously belong together.  

Well done, Rino45!  Thank you for your generous bid!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Outstanding! 40 memberships!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Today i am an official NRA member

Wish i could help you guys out, barely able to afford my own.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Bid is up to 40!  Thank you!!  I'll enter all the info for whomever ends up winning.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding, and I'm one of them.
You can add me too the list, but if there are more people wanting memberships than there are donated memberships cut me out of the list, eventually I'll go back to work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding, and I'm one of them.
You can add me too the list, but if there are more people wanting memberships than there are donated memberships cut me out of the list, eventually I'll go back to work.

What's most important is that you vote, petition, rally and contribute to the cause.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Great idea!

Too bad im poor at the moment

(edit: poor seems to be the trend in this thread.  )
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top