Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2001 3:32:49 PM EDT
I dont know if this was on here before but.. Open MS Word, type Q3 NY, highlight it, then select the Wingdings font. I heard this on the radio.

Jason
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Was the air traffic control number for that flight Q3 NY or Q33 NY??  Either one works, but the Q33 makes it just that much spookier.  Can this be simply a coincidence?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:Was the air traffic control number for that flight Q3 NY or Q33 NY??  Either one works, but the Q33 makes it just that much spookier.  Can this be simply a coincidence?
View Quote

yes.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
For more stuff like this go to www.eeggs.com
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen this a few times in the last few days...

While the symbols in Wingdings do appear (the pieces of paper are supposed to be the twin towers), the "Q33NY" code was pulled out of a hat.

The first time I saw this, it said that was the aircraft's registration number, another said tail number, etc...

First, all US aircraft start with an "N"
Second, most of the major airlines like to register their aircraft with the airline's code as the last two letters.  (UA for United, AA for American, etc.)  If they buy an aircraft from somebody else, they sometimes even have that reregistered.

The aircraft lost on Sept 11th are as follows:
* New York - American Airlines 767 - N334AA
* New York - United Airlines 767 - N612AA
* Washington DC - American Airlines 757 - N644AA
* Pittsburgh - United Airlines 757 - N591UA

"Air Traffic Control numbers" would probably be better described by our resident AR15.com member who's worked ATC for a decade or two.  Bottom line though, the Q33NY code is a hoax.

On the other hand...take "NYC" and convert it to windings...

*plays X-Files music*

- Robbie
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top