Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2001 2:48:49 PM EDT
I hope that Bond's dosen't break Marks record, but it looks like he will.  I would walk the guy before I would let him take it deep on me.  I never have liked Bonds all that much because I feel he is a big ol prick!  If you happen to be reading this Barry please take that ear ring out!        [frag]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Ditto, Bonds is an ass who thinks he is better than Willy Maze!  That is a large ego!  Plus he sits in the clubhouse in a leather recliner whatching a big screen TV, while the rest of his team concentrates on whinning.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
bonds is the stereotypical overpaid jerk athlete who thinks the world owes him.
I hope he does'nt, it would bring shame to the honor.
[pissed]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Huh?
Oh you're talking about baseball.
Sorry, I haven't watched that Communist shit since the strike years ago.  It's lost its magic.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 1:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Go Barry!

Leave McGuire's overinflated arms in the dirt.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:22:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Bonds may or may not be a jerk, since we can only rely on the media for their opinion of him. I am personally rooting for him. I believe both he and his father have gotten bum raps over the years and never gotten the recognition they deserved. Who realizes that Barry is the only major leaguer to hit 400 home runs and steal 400 bases?
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Closing in fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

67 and counting.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Bons is a complete prick.  I cant stand him, never have.  Ii hated him way back when he was with the Pirates.  Yes, Bonds may be good, damn good at that, but his bad attitude and huge ego prohibits me from supporting this prick.  I hope he does not breaks Macs record.  I wouldnt care if anyone else was doing it, but not Bonds...  he is just too much of an asshole.

JRB
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I wish Sosa was on pace instead of Bonds.  Sosa has a good atitude and the Cubs fans need to have their attention taken away from the fact that they are Cubs fans.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:15:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Records are made to be broken.  Bonds' record will give McGwire and Sosa something to shoot for next year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I have both McGwire's and Bonds' rookie cards, so I guess my answer would be:  whichever card will bring the largest amount of money!

Although, sounds like Bonds is not very popular with most people, so even if he breaks the record his card will probably be a bit lower than McGwires.

Come to think of it, I have two Sosa rookies, so maybe I should be rooting for Sosa next year!!!  Oh well...and can you believe I DON'T COLLECT sports cards (just happen to have about two shoeboxes full from when I was in high school...traded them for something I had).
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Hope that JERK falls flat on his face and doesn't break the record.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#13]
He will break it, but I wish it was Sosa instead. I cant stand BB. I just hope the cards make it to postseason. How about that fucking Pujols!!!!

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How about that fucking Pujols!!!!
View Quote

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!  GO REDBIRDS!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hehehe...I got to watch the 'Stros spank the Cards on Monday...fun game.
View Quote

Then I watched the "stros" drop 2 in a row to a certain team from St. Louis! [:P]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hehehe...I got to watch the 'Stros spank the Cards on Monday...fun game.
View Quote

Then I watched the "stros" drop 2 in a row to a certain team from St. Louis! [:P]
View Quote

HeeHee

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope Bonds breaks the record.  McGuire is a great player, no doubt about that - BUT during the great chase, he was taking steroids to muscle up. Now he is reaping the ?benefits? of the body breaking down from their use.  Bonds may or may not break the record, but I am for anyone that can do it WITHOUT artificial enhancements.  That's what made baseball the great game it is.[;D] (now hiding under flame proof blanket)
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck Barry Bonds.

I hope someone shoves that bat right up his brown-eye.

The only pitch I would throw him thats not 4 feet off the plate is the one that is running right into his damned ribs.

He's a cock sucker, and I hope he gets a shit contract next year for a suck team like the Rangers or somebody equally worthless.

NO, I hope he does not break the record, by the way.

I do not like Barry bonds!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I am surprised to see all the people here who hate Barry Bonds.  I for one am cheering for him to break the record.

How many of you are depending on the national media for your opinion of him?  The national media has always hated him because he doesn't patronize them.  I had pretty much the same opinion of Bonds until I lived in the Bay Area and got a more day-to-day opinion of him from the local media.  He is a team player who puts winning ahead of his own statistics.  He may not be real warm and friendly to strangers but he's not a jerk either.

Also, it's great to see a good baseball player making a run at a record.  I cheered for McGwire to break the record in 1998 even though I didn't "like" him.  I put "like" in quotes because I don't know him personally, all I really know is what kind of baseball player he is.  And I always disliked him a little as a baseball player because he took the rookie of the year award away from my favorite player, Kevin Seitzer.  But when he hit 70, I cheered for him anyway.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell no I dont want Bonds to break the record. Look closely at his wrist (sweat) bands. He had his own picture put on his own wrist bands. I dont want anybody that arrogant to do anything noteworthy.
ARH
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll start a new thread when Bonds breaks the record.

Go Barry go!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#24]
bonds is a pos
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am surprised to see all the people here who hate Barry Bonds.  I for one am cheering for him to break the record.

How many of you are depending on the national media for your opinion of him?
View Quote

A very good question and some feedback would be appreciated...
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Go Barry go!
View Quote

Yea, you can call it ...bonds breaks record, but still sucks.
I know, to show their appreciation for King barry, the giants should raise ticket prices some more and use the proceeds to buy him a new La-Z-boy and HD TV set. how about a personal butler all in his own private locker room.
And I expect him to buy a new GREAT BIG UGLY ASS EARING and 10 or 20 pounds of gold ropes all with his personal signature icon on it!!!!
you know what his icon is don't ya ???
[size=6]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/size=6]
[pissed][-!-]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Barry go!
View Quote

Yea, you can call it ...bonds breaks record, but still sucks.
I know, to show their appreciation for King barry, the giants should raise ticket prices some more and use the proceeds to buy him a new La-Z-boy and HD TV set. how about a personal butler all in his own private locker room.
And I expect him to buy a new GREAT BIG UGLY ASS EARING and 10 or 20 pounds of gold ropes all with his personal signature icon on it!!!!
you know what his icon is don't ya ???
[size=6]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/size=6]
[pissed][-!-]
View Quote

I'll call it: BONDS breaks record and McGuire's a has been.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:15:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Lets be realistic here. Who has been a better all around athlete throughout their baseball career irrelevant of their personalities. I can hardly say that McGuire is the athlete that Barry Bonds is.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:13:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
BUT during the great chase, he was taking steroids to muscle up. Now he is reaping the ?benefits? of the body breaking down from their use.  Bonds may or may not break the record, but I am for anyone that can do it WITHOUT artificial enhancements.  That's what made baseball the great game it is.[;D] (now hiding under flame proof blanket)
View Quote

Uh, I dont remember him taking steroids. They are Illegal. If you are talking about the legal enhancements he took that they sell in GNC, you are right. If thats the case, you probably hate all professional athletes.

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#30]
If you think barry bonds doesn't take anything to "help" him play, you are wrong.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I would be willing to bet you Bonds is JUICED!
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#32]
[size=6]68!!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many of you are depending on the national media for your opinion of him?
View Quote

A very good question and some feedback would be appreciated...
View Quote

I guess I am depending on the media when I watch his putrid little pose he does when he hits a home run.  Makes me ill!
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[size=6]68!!!![/size=6]
View Quote

And I was there last night.  Giants layed the smack-down on the Padres.  Both Tony Gwynn and the SF Fire Dept. members that went to WTC (on their own dime) to help out got huge standing ovations, moreso than Bonds.  The firefighters received the most applause and rightly so.
View Quote

I caught a few innings on Sports Channel.

That game was merciless!

GO Barry GO!
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh, did I mention it's now [size=6]69!!!![/size=6][/quote]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#37]
 69 homers now! In win over Padres.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Wish I could get my hands on the 71st baseball [b]WHEN[/b] it arrives.

Hell, I'd jump into McCovey Cove to get that damm ball.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ditto, Bonds is an ass who thinks he is better than Willy Maze!  That is a large ego!  Plus he sits in the clubhouse in a leather recliner whatching a big screen TV, while the rest of his team concentrates on whinning.
View Quote

Guys , NOBODY in baseball was a bigger A-Hole than Albert Belle!!

He's probably out of basball for good & you've hardly heard anything about it in the media,because he is such a Jerk!

edited becuase I can NEVER get my post right the first time! [:(!]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#40]
last time I checked Barry had more Homeruns than singles!! Who says the ball aint juiced.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Who? Break what?

Yawwwwnnnnn!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Sorry, but I have to chime in. I have got to join the pro-Barry ranks.

I'm from Pittsburgh (originally) and the Pirates drafted him in the beginning and then proceeded to do him dirt for about 8 years.

Because Barry is outspoekn, speaks his mind (right or wrong) he gets the wrap of being a giant (no pun intended) Bungholio. He may be, but is he legite? You bet, and McQuire's record will go down like the Titanic!

Tom S.
Oly Arms
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top