Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2001 11:57:32 AM EDT
I have all of the required paperwork completed to re-enlist. I ETS'd in 1992, 35 y/o, and started this process back in March- My wife and I agreed that I should go back active duty, into the 82d (11H, infantry TOW gunner MOS), to finish at least the remaining 16 years of active duty (and possibly another 10 to retire after 30 yrs).

Two months ago, prior to signing the final paperwork, I injured my knee (torn PCL ligament, torn maniscus) and had orthoscopic surgery. The PCL was not repaired, but is being compensated for through PT. I am now able to pass the 18 y/o PT test easily, though the run is not particularly fast yet.

My orthopedic surgeon (who specializes in sports injuries for the Univ. of Tenn Vols) is prepared to cut a letter stating that I am fit for active duty in the Airborne Infantry.

I would like info, NOT coming from my recruiter (who is trying to make a quota) as to my chances of getting back in.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could contact me (my e-mail is in the profile) after speaking to the appropriate personnel.

Thanx,
Don Carter
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Standards for enlistment-

These conditions are disqualifying:

[url]http://books.usapa.belvoir.army.mil/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/R40_501/2.10.c[/url]

Standards for airborne are the same as above, with the following additions:

[url]http://books.usapa.belvoir.army.mil/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/R40_501/5.3.f[/url]

View Quote

Much thanks!
Dr. says that in another month with my training regime that all looseness will be gone...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top