Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 4:12:46 AM EDT
Make a pilgrimage to the WTC. See it. Choke on the acrid dust. Smell the rotting flesh of your fellow Americans. Then visit a few Firehouses in Manhatten and Brooklyn. See the thousands of photos of the victims plastered all around the city. Read about the estimated 10,000 orphanned kids.

Then go see a show and have a nice dinner.  Buy something for the wife.
Don't forget this.
Don't just let this be a springboard for you usual concerns and issues.
Don't be so self absorbed.
It's a whole new ballgame.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#1]

The recent events haven't changed my mind about NY. It is still like California, a communist state that violates our constitutional rights and pretends to advocate freedom. And now I hear the communist dictator guliani wants to extend his dictatorship past the current limit of his two terms.
With respects to the victims of the tragedy, when it comes to anything NY, I would rather have a nice dinner and be self absorbed. I have no desire to ever set foot in NY for any reason.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#2]
You are self-absorbed.
You are selfish.
You are un-patriotic.
You are a bad American.
People like you are the ones that are a threat to freedom, not New Yorkers.
It's a good thing that there are better men then you to defend our freedoms and stand up for America.

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
But he is true.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Major-Murphy: I think you are right, and it is not political.  The theme here is to appreciate life.  Reflect and take a good look at your loved ones and those around whom you take for granted, and think that in a blink of an eye so many lives was ended so suddenly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm done mourning.
I want revenge.

The attack was NOT an attack on New York, it was an attack on a America.  Our enemies wanted to kill Americans, as many as possible.
Our enemies wanted to damage America's economy, NOT just NY's.
Those arabs, who were dancing in the streets, celebrating the attack were dancing on all of our graves.  They were trying to kill YOU and ME, Americans.

It's time for all of us to come together and fight.  If you can't see this, you are blind.
Calling Giuliani a "communist dictator", at a time like this is ignorant at best.
Wake up.
Be a good American, or get out of the way.
We'll tell you when it's safe to come out from under your rock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Last I heard they were telling tourists to stay out of that area.

Anyway, the one time I was in NYC I really enjoyed it. Coming from LA and the Bay Area, it was nice to see our Eastern counterpart.

NYC is representative of New York as San Francisco is to California. The people you find a few miles inland tend to be nothing like the people you find in the city. Unfortunately, the cities have the population numbers and as a result, set the policies for the entire state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top