Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2001 2:52:32 AM EDT
It has been mentioned on Fox that the terrorists had Codes for Air Force One.

Same type of thing as in Somalia when our boys were shot down.

Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of codes? Like Nintendo cheat codes? The code for the executive shitter?

Just wondering.

Sherm
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably that day's codes for encrypted commo.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Air Force One is so sophisticated, I doubt the !@#$ could do anything to it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The code they were referring to was the name used by the Secret Service to discuss the location and itinerary of Air Force One on a given day. They do not simply call it Air Force One. For example when Clinton was in office they probably used quaint indentifiers such as [i]The Draft Dodger[/i]. Now they probably call it something like [i]The Ass Whoppin' Texan.[/i]
On 09/11/01 they received a call from someone stating that Air Force One was a target. In order to confirm it was a legitimate threat they asked the called if he knew the code and he did. It has nothing to do with any type of "Codes" on the plane, simply the word(s) being used that day to identify it with internal people.
As a side note when Air Force One was in the air during the Nixon adminstration they always called it [i]Dick Over America.[/i]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top