Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2001 10:42:36 AM EDT
I went to the Birmingham Gun Collector's show yesterday and had my first bad gun show incident:

I asked the blonde lady at the Alabama Ammo table about 45-70 loads and they had one they called "Strong Action Load" (or equivalent).  I then asked the lady for the velocity of this 405 grn. SFP load and, after reviewing an Accurate Arms powder load book, answered: "1300 fps".  Knowing this was wrong for a high pressure 45-70 load, I passed.

I then went to the Georgia Arms table asked the same question of their "standard" load and they said it was 1300 fps also.  I confirmed that the 405 grn. SFP load at 1300 fps is the standard "safe for all guns" load.

Either she didn't know what she was talking about or they are using deceptive advertsing practices.

Either way, Buyer Beware!

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top