Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2001 9:34:16 PM EDT
What's your definition for SHTF (Sh*t hit the fan)?  We see it all the time in posts, but what is it really?

Here's mine:
I wake up in the morning... see Personel trucks driving by, hear air raid sirens, and look towards center city Philadelphia and see jets having dog-fights.  No electricty, no water. No radio stations coming in.

I wanna get your opinions on what "SHTF" really is.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Rosie O' Donnell is declared 'president for life'.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure....but I feel it is getting close, and it will be internal.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
In any SHTF situation in this country, you will be shooting at fellow Americans, (looters, murders, rapists) I doubt that our shores will be invaded by Foreign Army, if I'm wrong you can call me on it.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
... when I HAVE TO leave my home/fort.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
National ID Cards.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]
when you run to the bathroom and find out that someone else is in there, after you have eaten too much mexican food and beer
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#8]
$17.49 worth of taco bell, $12.78 worth of tequilla, A very bad football game bet and a sense of honor.

Yea, THAT could kill a man.

Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
SHTF is when pigs start to fly,  it will never happen!!!!!!

sgtar15

Edited because i just saw Stealth's member pic[:I][:I]
[img]http://ar15.com/images/postPics/stealth.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#10]
How about working all night as a concierge from 2300 to 0700, writing up a term paper for school, then sitting in class when someone runs in and says that a plane just crashed into the trade center... then 25 minutes later, they say that ANOTHER plane crashed into the trade center (which is only 30 blocks away).... Then class ends and the lines at the pay phones are all 30-45 people deep.... Then there's people saying that ANOTHER plane has crashed into the pentagon....at this point you figure it has to be bullshit.... until you step outside and see dozens of ambulances hauling burnt people into the hospital across the street, where 2 nurses are outside with bullhorns asking for people to give blood...You go into the hospital and notice that the cops are wearing gas masks....While giving blood, you hear that another plane has hit in pennsylvania.....You get in your car and hit the west side highway which is at a standstill....people are standing next to their cars watching f-18's fly overhead....there's about 20-25,000 people walking out of manhattan through riverside park.... you get home 4 hours later and load up the rifle....

Does that qualify as SHTF?

Face it people, the Shit HIT the fan on 9/11. Anyone "waiting" for the "big" attack can wake up now, it already came. Lock & load, lets go to sling lead at the taliban.

Samhain44
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Troy did a good definition of SHTF. SHTF situations will usually be resolved and life returns to a reasonable semblance of normalcy after a given amount of time. If you lived in L.A. during the riots that was definitely SHTF.

The next level is TEOTWAWKI where it permanently stays SHTF affecting whole countries and eventually the entire world.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SHTF is when pigs start to fly,  it will never happen!!!!!!

sgtar15

Edited because i just saw Stealth's member pic[:I][:I]
[img]http://ar15.com/images/postPics/stealth.jpg[/img]

View Quote

Yea, I tend to make folks think of such things.  Hey, you ever get that area next to your house to grow stuff?  Veggies, flowers etc?

My wife is a an avid gardener... and once in a great while.. I like to pretend I actually care about such things.
[:D]

Actually, I am interested.  I just horribly suck at it.  Tried too many times and failed.  Decided to marry someone with a green thumb.

Screw it, I'm hammered.  You have a good one guy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes I did stealth.  I planted some basic flowers and some pepper plants.   They are doing quite well[:)].  I just got the cheap flowers/plants from Home Depot along with some fertilizer.  Then I "cleaned" the dirt of all rocks and weeds, mixed in the fertilizer, and planted.  The sprinklers water them at night so I really don't have any maintance.

It was a great project for me and the kids....plus it was very relaxing.  I can't wait to do more next spring.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Great!!  This year I was able to keep some plants alive long enought to get some strawberries that my son could pick (and munch).

Seriously thinking about an automatic timer and a soaker hose.

It is a good hobby, and very relaxing.  I'm learning about patience... slowly (a hate learning it that way).  [:D]

Oh, and pepper plants are great, they can take a lot of abuse.  Almost as much as tomatoes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Need I say more?

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p1ce5e535d40a849a5a57cfcf4683f44a/fe38b337.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:53:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:57:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Need I say more?

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p1ce5e535d40a849a5a57cfcf4683f44a/fe38b337.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Terrorist IND...

Los Angeles? Chicago? Atlanta? New York?

Fatality floor figure 500,000+

Coming soon to a country near you![:O]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:30:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Since we will continue to be a target, Mall Ninja's got the only solution:
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Stepping out of the WTC PATH station and being told to run for your life, while flaming bodies fall from the sky, crushing the guy next to you. Meanwhile, concrete rubble smashes your fellow commuter's head like it's the first 10 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

How about that?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:25:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Stepping out of the WTC PATH station and being told to run for your life, while flaming bodies fall from the sky, crushing the guy next to you. Meanwhile, concrete rubble smashes your fellow commuter's head like it's the first 10 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

How about that?
View Quote

Works for me!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#21]
"So Hows The Family?"
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Any occurance, natural or otherwise, which causes people nationwide to panic.  

Just imagine what would've happened if that plane had made it to the whitehouse and it was a day when both the Pres. and VP were inside.  Both of them and the majority of the cabinet, dead.  National panic.  People woulda gone crazy.  

Also, if we ever were attacked with EMP weapons.  I'm not sure if anyone has them or if we even have em, but it's a possibility.  Several attacks with those wiping out all electronics nationwide.  Major, major panic.  No vehicles, no radio, no TV, no aircraft.  Think about it, how would we protect the borders from invasion if electronics were wiped out?  Radio communication would be history.  That's probably the worst thing that could happen.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:40:48 AM EDT
[#23]
NO TV.  

[;)]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#24]
My aircraft would run fine after EMP.  The radios would be fried but I don't think there would be anyone to talk to anyway.  Volkwagen diesel PU should run fine too.  Five speed manual transmission and a mechanical fuel shut off = no electricity required.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#25]
My soon-to-be mother-in-law coming to visit for a week!!

1)[peep].....2)[shock].....3)[argue].....4)[moon]

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#26]
When the US is sending it's military to whoop some ass because some people in your country blew up their buildings, and you have nothing but a camel, and all countries around you are sealing their borders, the S is going to HTF real soon :)
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 2:24:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Any occurance, natural or otherwise, which causes people nationwide to panic.  

Just imagine what would've happened if that plane had made it to the whitehouse and it was a day when both the Pres. and VP were inside.  Both of them and the majority of the cabinet, dead.  National panic.  People woulda gone crazy.  

Also, if we ever were attacked with EMP weapons.  I'm not sure if anyone has them or if we even have em, but it's a possibility.  Several attacks with those wiping out all electronics nationwide.  Major, major panic.  No vehicles, no radio, no TV, no aircraft.  Think about it, how would we protect the borders from invasion if electronics were wiped out?  Radio communication would be history.  That's probably the worst thing that could happen.
View Quote

Is that sort of like Goldeneye?
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How about working all night as a concierge from 2300 to 0700, writing up a term paper for school, then sitting in class when someone runs in and says that a plane just crashed into the trade center... then 25 minutes later, they say that ANOTHER plane crashed into the trade center (which is only 30 blocks away).... Then class ends and the lines at the pay phones are all 30-45 people deep.... Then there's people saying that ANOTHER plane has crashed into the pentagon....at this point you figure it has to be bullshit.... until you step outside and see dozens of ambulances hauling burnt people into the hospital across the street, where 2 nurses are outside with bullhorns asking for people to give blood...You go into the hospital and notice that the cops are wearing gas masks....While giving blood, you hear that another plane has hit in pennsylvania.....You get in your car and hit the west side highway which is at a standstill....people are standing next to their cars watching f-18's fly overhead....there's about 20-25,000 people walking out of manhattan through riverside park.... you get home 4 hours later and load up the rifle....

Does that qualify as SHTF?

Face it people, the Shit HIT the fan on 9/11. Anyone "waiting" for the "big" attack can wake up now, it already came. Lock & load, lets go to sling lead at the taliban.

Samhain44
View Quote

Yep. I'd say that just about covers it....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top