Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2001 5:32:05 PM EDT
I'd prefer to hear from people with personal experience, please.

I've heard about Zytel and HITECH detachable mags, which is less likely to give me stress?

Thanks for any and all responses
[Smoke]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 30rd Metal detachable mag, have no idea what make, that works fine.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got 20s, 30s, and 50s.  All made by USA Mag.  All work great.  I'm not saying you'll have the same luck though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree, I have 5rd and 20rds mags from USA mag, no probs... I would recomend them for SKS only...
CB
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Are USA brand mags easily attachable/detachable?

Thanks for the responses, guys. I appreciate it.
[uzi]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Any thoughts on this type?

http://www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2001-07-08/waynew_994781498_dcdetmagwadapter.jpg
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#6]
USA mags are easy to use.  You just have to remove the original box mag first.  As for the one you are looking at, I have no idea.  Does that adapter permanantly attach or is it easily lost?  Something to think about.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't bother with the plastic type, stay with the metal mags with the metal followers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 2 detachable 30 rounders from USA and they work fine, I replaced the 20 round fixed one that I tried cause it was a P.O.S.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought 5 USA 30 rounders....Some work all the time and others did not. The ones that did not work didn't seem to tip the bullet tips up enough to line them up with the chamber and this resulted in driving the rounds into the receiver and was most pronounced for the last 3-4 rounds in the mag.  I was going to try to bend mag lips and such but decided it was a waste of time.  The 10 round fixed mag is 100 % reliable the detach were not.  I had to go back to the fixed.  Check out simonov.net for info on sks mags.  Unfortunately the best solution for this problem seems to be to buy a cheap AK and avoid the whole problem.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 2 30 Round SKS Zytels. They a great. Only problems are when you are prone, the magzine touches the ground. I was firing with the magazine touching the ground and from time to time the gun would jam. This only happened when the magazine had force against it. On a second note, it will not feed the last round. You will have to re-release the bolt in order to strip off the last round. You may be able to use a file to solve that problem though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#11]
see the post on the legalities on the ak board side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top