Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2001 4:58:18 PM EDT
This is mostly for those who personally attacked LewRockwell.com, me, Inviticus, and others over our position as non-interventionists.

Let the Debate Continue:

[url]http://www.lewrockwell.com/ostrowski/ostrowski17.html[/url]

What to Do Now:

[url]http://www.lewrockwell.com/dieteman/dieteman93.html[/url]

BTW, I like angering people. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Mr. Dieteman brings up some valid points, but nothing that we haven't heard before. And he doesn't provide a solution in regards to future terrorism, only that whatever we do we may see more terrorist activity in the US. So, if we're damned if we do and damned if we don't, what does he suggest? He didn't suggest anything other than that we stick our head in the sand.

Also, these guys continually look for cause and suggest if we became politically isolated, the extremist Muslims may leave us alone. Everything I have read as of late suggests this is not the case.

The fundamentalist and extremist Muslim world will not rest until Islamic governments head every nation in the world. I know, it sounds nuts, and I didn't believe it myself until reading and listening to the experts on C-SPAN and the like. Their goal is Islamic world domination. The first plan of attack is to get the US out of the Middle East and dissolve Israel. Once that's completed, they will go after all the Middle Eastern nations and put governments in place headed by Islamic clerics. This is in their own words. They plan to destabilize governments, form Islamic states within secular states, divide and conquer, etc.

This being the case, and I hate to say it, but more and more it appears that the West cannot coexist with Islamic fundamentalism and extremism. The ramifications to that statement are profound and I certainly do not make such a statement lightly.

These are interesting times, and putting our head in the sand or running away will not make the problem go away.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Mattja, that could be the polarization that is forming.  I want to believe Islamic fundamentalism can coexist with other religions but my suspicions are raised.  Much depends on how much of the Islamic world truly supports global domination.  If enough governments with large Islamic populations prove benign to the terrorists we could indeed have a problem of global potential.  In any event I don't believe we can bury our head in the sand.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The screed of the lew rockwell and 'isolationism or death!' crowd accomplished the following with me:

-I will support libertarians in small local elections where they have a chance of winning.
-I will not waste my vote on someone like harry brown (yes, having the charisma of wet toast will help you win the presidential election). My money and my time to volunteer will to the the republican party.

I believe in the libertarian philosophy. I also believe that there hasn't been a libertarian candidate who has what it takes to lead the country. How they reacted just after september 11th convinced me of that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
FOUL! NO FAIR!

The title of the post said 'INVENTIONISTS'.

I thought it was about brilliant inventors like me.(How embariskin)
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Why would I bother to read any more of the absolute crap that Lew Rockwell puts on his site?  So far it has been as realistic as the cartoon network.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mattja, that could be the polarization that is forming.  I want to believe Islamic fundamentalism can coexist with other religions but my suspicions are raised.  Much depends on how much of the Islamic world truly supports global domination.  If enough governments with large Islamic populations prove benign to the terrorists we could indeed have a problem of global potential.  In any event I don't believe we can bury our head in the sand.  
View Quote

Good point, and I would add that the Muslim masses probably do not support the world domination theory, yet their leaders, who are becoming more fundamentalist over time, seem to be tolerating, if not gravitating, in that direction.

Take the Philippines. Here is a nation that is 85% Catholic, perhaps 10% Protestant, and the rest a mixture that includes Muslims. Yet we have Muslim terrorists in Mindanao demanding an independent state. One has to admit that takes a lot of nerve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top