Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2007 10:42:38 PM EDT
They cashed my check over 3 weeks ago, what is the average wait time now ?
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You can go to ODCMP.com and track your purchase and then go to the forums to find a more definitive answer to your questions.
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You can go to ODCMP.com and track your purchase and then go to the forums to find a more definitive answer to your questions.

How do you track it?
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you track it?

said "THE TRACKER"
Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been waiting for almost three months now.  It depends on what you ordered, but it is my impression is that it rarely takes as little as three weeks these days.  They are pretty flooded with orders.

Email them on Monday to make sure they got your order, and see how many people are ahead of you in line.
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I seem to remember getting a tracking number for the shipping company that delivered my rifle. Go to that company's website and follow the directions. I had no trouble at all. And, these questions are answered on the CMP website. Plus, you can call them during regular business hours and get answers. Again, the number is on the cmp website. My theory is this: You ordered from cmp, ask cmp.
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have been waiting for almost three months now.  It depends on what you ordered, but it is my impression is that it rarely takes as little as three weeks these days.  They are pretty flooded with orders.

Email them on Monday to make sure they got your order, and see how many people are ahead of you in line.

Damn , I guess three weeks is nothing.
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Also consider probably everyone is trying to answer all the e-mails about M1 carbnes!
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I cant speak for CMP. But... I went by my local gunshop today checking on a Bushmaster order that is a month out now. Fred said people are buying guns like crazy now. He said its never been this bad on the lead time. Regardless of what he orders, its a 6 week to 4 months wait.
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Also consider probably everyone is trying to answer all the e-mails about M1 carbnes!

For sure , I'm sending my payment in the day those are available
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]
"Is it normal for CMP to take over 3 weeks to ship a M1 Garand out ??   "

Anywhere between 3days and a year, depending on supply / availability, staffing, volunteer cleaning crews...
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I seem to remember getting a tracking number for the shipping company that delivered my rifle. Go to that company's website and follow the directions. I had no trouble at all. And, these questions are answered on the CMP website. Plus, you can call them during regular business hours and get answers. Again, the number is on the cmp website. My theory is this: You ordered from cmp, ask cmp.

Crap... I think you just figured out my problem... ordred stuff from CMP and I yell at Brownells on a daily basis..... Hmmmm

Nah... I just gonna keep on yelling at Brownells

Why would I call CMP about my order anyways , when I have you guys to ask .
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Back in the old DCM days, we waited 6 months at a minimum.
Link Posted: 2/9/2007 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crap... I think you just figured out my problem... ordred stuff from CMP and I yell at Brownells on a daily basis..... Hmmmm

Nah... I just gonna keep on yelling at Brownells

Why would I call CMP about my order anyways , when I have you guys to ask .

Because the wisdom of the UNIVERSE is contained on this website!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Considering that they're in part a volunteer organization and the amount of orders and questions they get three weeks is nothing.  Not that long ago waits were measured in months.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn , I guess three weeks is nothing.

3 weeks, hell i waited 13 months for mine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 2:21:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Orest has mentioned on the CMP site that they will cash checks sent to them immediately, but only charge a credit card just before shipping.......so it might be a better bet to use a credit card on the long wait items.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#18]
OK.  They charged my card 10 days ago and I haven't heard anything since.  No emails, no tracking number, no nothing.  They also haven't replied to emails sent last week.

I never got a 21 day notice email either.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
OK.  They charged my card 10 days ago and I haven't heard anything since.  No emails, no tracking number, no nothing.  They also haven't replied to emails sent last week.

I never got a 21 day notice email either.

They charged mine like 3 days ago.  I ordered mine on Jan. 18th.

ETA:  Just talked to CMP Ohio on the phone.  They are 2wks behind on shipping and I *did* make the cutoff for the Greek issue FG's.  Woohoo!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I ordered a Garand about 6 weeks ago.  Just charged my CC on 2/21 but it hasn't shipped yet.  The tracking function can be found in the E-Store (need to log in).  The 30.06 ammo I ordered took about 5-6 weeks to get to me.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I waited 7 months one time
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine took about 2 months, but that was in summer 2006 for a Service Grade.

Damn, they are out of FGs now!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top