Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2001 6:39:03 AM EDT
I was thinking about getting one of these for the garage.  The company that produces them is  Revel Technology Inc.  Their website is www.stopthecrime.com  I'm interested in the electrically triggered models.  It seems like an effective method to enhance security.  Anyone  have experience with these devices?  All comments appreciated.  

thanks,
Dan
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
A few months ago someone posted on Assualtweb about theirs. His gunshop was broken into and alarm sounded. They got bad guys on film/cops responded within minutes. Bad guys split without getting anything. While going through shop the cops triggered pepperspray. The film also caught the cops getting gassed. From his description it worked very well. I am going to get two for my shop.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
They have four units. One that has a trip wire or electronic trigger (terminator)and a larger one that acts as a base and can control other units (repulsar?). The larger unit resets to defend against repeat breakins. Actually these things are great for gun safes. If someone opens the safe without disarming the device, ouch!
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like their products.

I have one of their electric solenoid operated devices in my basement.  It's wired to our security system (the sub-zone that monitors the gun safes).   I have a 30 second timer module connected between the bell output (+12vdc) of the alarm control panel (Radionics 9412) and the Revel unit.  The delay gives me the opportunity to about the release of agent in the event of a false activation.

There is a small lead weight that gets placed on top of the can in the dispensing unit.  It ensures that the canister and nozzle hits the spray unit with enough force to allow flow of the chemical agent.

Only 1 negative:
I've never triggered it accidentally, but it's always a concern...

Highly recommended though...  Beats allowing thieves access to my goodies.  Hell..  I'd even trip it myself if held at gunpoint and made to open my safes.

I'll take some pics and post 'em later.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the comments!  

Dan
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive seen people talk about the OC pepper spray, but, what does teh OC stand for?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]

OC = Oleoresin Capsicum
(The active ingredient in pepper spray)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top