Who makes the HS2000?  Pictures?
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=38080[/url]

Alex
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Long story short, cuz I'm about to watch a movie:

To understand the finer parts of the HS2000, you must first compare it to the Glock.  Seeing as how the Glock is a fine quality firearm, analyzing the HS2000 further increases its value.  Here's my Top 10 list:

1.) Smoother trigger
2.) Loaded chamber indicator
3.) Cocked/Uncocked indicator
4.) Easily convertable hi-cap mags
5.) Slimmer width in palm for easier holding
6.) Easier to trip mag release, plus ambidextrous for left handers or really small hands
7.) Price is 60% the Glock
8.) Extra (beavertail) safety
9.) Dovetailed for Sig trijicon sights
10.) It's the Croatian Sensation!!

'Nuf said.
[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/cockperf3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fhklogo%2Egif[/img]

nuff said....
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/shootout.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
[argue] [bday] [beer] [sex]  

nuff said...
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:33:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Own one...GREAT pistol.  Can't be beat, especially the price.  For the unfamiliar, just type in HS2000 and follow your instincts.  The web site is great, and they aren't lying.  One thing that really amazed me was the excellent tech manual that came with the pistol.  My son and I also shoot Glocks, my P-99 (My favorite handgun!), Sigs, and have owned a bunch of Kimbers, Paras, and Colt 1911s.  The HS2000 is right up there with the best and it is a totally dependable and accurate weapon.  That is not to denigrate an HK but...you can also get the HS2000 for less than half.  For you military types, some USMC exchanges now sell the HS2000 and the price is about 2/3 of retail, no tax.  Currently the gun can be purchased in 9mm only but I understand that a .40 and .45 cal types are on the way.
Bottom line...I like the weapon.  I would bet my life on it.  Get one.
[pistol]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Own one...GREAT pistol.  Can't be beat, especially the price.  For the unfamiliar, just type in HS2000 and follow your instincts.  The web site is great, and they aren't lying.  One thing that really amazed me was the excellent tech manual that came with the pistol.  My son and I also shoot Glocks, my P-99 (My favorite handgun!), Sigs, and have owned a bunch of Kimbers, Paras, and Colt 1911s.  The HS2000 is right up there with the best and it is a totally dependable and accurate weapon.  That is not to denigrate an HK but...you can also get the HS2000 for less than half.  For you military types, some USMC exchanges now sell the HS2000 and the price is about 2/3 of retail, no tax.  Currently the gun can be purchased in 9mm only but I understand that a .40 and .45 cal types are on the way.
Bottom line...I like the weapon.  I would bet my life on it.  Get one.
[pistol]
View Quote

How cam I find out what exchanges sell guns? I have been on a few navy and one army base. Neither of the exchanges sold guns.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]
To the best of my knowledge, no Navy exchange or Army PX sells firearms.  Only places I've ever seen sell them are the USMC exchanges at MCRD San Diego and MCB Quantico, VA.  I understand that MCRD has finally crumpled and gone totally PC for the anti-gunners in California and no longer sells firearms.  Too bad.
The price at Quantico was about $280.00.  I know that last year an anti-gunner United States senator was shopping at Quantico and almost had a coronary when he/she (The counter man refused to tell me who that senator was.) saw that the post exchange sold guns.  There was a flap and sales were restricted for awhile then the dust settled and they went back to business as usual.  Great exchange.  Have to be a Virginia state resident or have orders posting you to this state to purchase a firearm there though...
Good luck.
[shotgun]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Because McUZI says so??
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#10]
"The ideal law enforcement handgun might be something like this: Polymer frame like the Glock, grip like the Browning P-35, metal magazine like the Beretta 92, takedown lever like the SIG P226, ambidextrous magazine release like the Ruger, a loaded chamber indicator like the Walther, big but snag-free sights like the SIG P226, cocking indicator like the Mauser, a grip safety like a Colt Model 1911, no external manual safety, but many internal ones, like the Glock and SIG, for simplicity of operation. This is a rough description of the HS-2000 Auto Pistol, made for law enforcement and military use in Croatia, and imported into the United States by HS America, of Knoxville, TN." Law and Order Magazine

I've got one and it is great. And I'm comparing it to my HK USP40, Browning FN Hi Power, Taurus PT92, Ruger P89. It has great features and uses hicap clips from other guns, including my Taurus.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top