Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2001 4:29:59 PM EDT
but mine got re-zeroed to 62 IMI today!
I love going to the Rifle range!!   [sniper]
Was up in Wisc for about 4 hrs today, re-zeroed it to a battlesight zero of 300 yrds.  Got some nice tight groups today. I only stayed on the 25 and 50 yrd range, but on the 50 I got a nice tight 3 inch grouping of 5 shots! best I have ever did.  No sandbag, but off a bench and my elbows.   Iron sights. Just me and my Armlite. Shot some SA too, did ok, but the IMI I did good.  
Also shot my 22. romainian trainer too. Did good on that too, with a cheap $5 bi-pod that clips on.  
Shit, I am so happy, I think I am going to go back next week!
Anyways, what did you all do today?

c-rock
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
but mine got re-zeroed to 62 IMI today!
I love going to the Rifle range!!   [sniper]
Was up in Wisc for about 4 hrs today, re-zeroed it to a battlesight zero of 300 yrds.  Got some nice tight groups today. I only stayed on the 25 and 50 yrd range, but on the 50 I got a nice tight 3 inch grouping of 5 shots! best I have ever did.  No sandbag, but off a bench and my elbows.   Iron sights. Just me and my Armlite. Shot some SA too, did ok, but the IMI I did good.  
Also shot my 22. romainian trainer too. Did good on that too, with a cheap $5 bi-pod that clips on.  
Shit, I am so happy, I think I am going to go back next week!
Anyways, what did you all do today?

c-rock
View Quote

I got a WAY cool SKS! See my new toy thread.I cant wait for the range to open
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I went for a 3 hour "walk" through the pucker brush and swamp with my Sig P239.  I came upon a beaver dam/bog and got close to 4 wood ducks.  I was so tempted to pop one with the Sig but discretion prevailed.

I'm kind of sore now letting Cutty Sark ease the pain.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Shot my Garand, M14 and AR @ 225 yards.  Nailed some paper targets, 12 oz and 16 oz bottles, and a few metal gongs.  Actually blew a gong off the chain.  

I didn't have a rest (sandbag) for any rifle so I did what Sniperm88 suggested.  (Its his fault)  Used my Galatti range bag as the rest.  Well, when it was time to go home, one side of the bag was majorly scorched.  The zipper was broken and the nylon stitching ripped.  Arrrg. Might be time to get an AR15 bag.

Was there with 3 other AR15 members.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shot my Garand, M14 and AR @ 225 yards.  Nailed some paper targets, 12 oz and 16 oz bottles, and a few metal gongs.  Actually blew a gong off the chain.  

I didn't have a rest (sandbag) for any rifle so I did what Sniperm88 suggested.  (Its his fault)  Used my Galatti range bag as the rest.  Well, when it was time to go home, one side of the bag was majorly scortched.  The zipper was broken and the nylon stiching ripped.  Arrrg. Might be time to get an AR15 bag.

Was there with 3 other AR15 members.  

View Quote

Now THAT'S what I call a fun afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I certainly didn't have as much fun as you, c-rock.  I've spent the last few days sick at home with some kind of stomach virus.  But I'm glad that everyone is having a good weekend.
I wanted to get to the range to watch a High Power competition this weekend, but that isn't going to happen.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Kicked the day off right on the receiving end of a bit of a chemical warfare attack at a fraternity party.  Was relieved to discover the substance was only pepper spray.  At least it wasn't sheep this time.  After the evacuation and the ensuing really fun crowd control work with 300 drunk rowdies who had been gassed then separated from their beverages, I caught some sheep er SLEEP...  sorry... then went to work.  No shooting. :|
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was up in Wisc for about 4 hrs today,
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was up in Wisc for about 4 hrs today,
View Quote

Where?
View Quote

I went to Bristol to shoot. Do you know where that is?
It was my first time there, I usally go to the pit in Owatta.  Thing is, its farther to go to owatta, but they let you load up and bump it up!!
I really just wanted to zero my rifle, and target shoot. It is a really nice range, and the guys were nice there.   Mainly hunters, with slug guns and 30.06's.  
Some commie rifles, but I was the only AR person there.  [:(]
I plan on going again, I might go up there next weekend, to play with the AK, and site that in better too. I just wanted to make sure my MBR is up and running really good.  No, I am not paranoid.  [;)]
Do you shoot up there?
c-rock  
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't the one in bristol the range that has the 'only x rounds in a magazine' rule?

Where did you get your bipod for the romanian trainer?
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Isn't the one in bristol the range that has the 'only x rounds in a magazine' rule?

Where did you get your bipod for the romanian trainer?
View Quote

Its one round of centerfire per rifle, 5 rds of .22 or pistol.  Keeps down on the noise, cause there is houses close by the place. Still, a good time, and fun to work on marksmanship.  

The bi-pod is one of those cheap ones than spring clip onto the barrel. Make of plastic.
c-rock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top