Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2001 1:49:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
i went, liked it very much. spent lots of bucks!!

Quoted:

Any of you gents or ladies went today?  How was  it?  Thanks in advance.

------------------

Adaptability is the key to survival!!

The day to remember : 09/11/01 !!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I went too, and it was JAM packed!!  Most dealers I talked to and fellow attendees had never seen it so full; good to see!
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I did and met Eric the Hun [>]:)] Nice guy for sure.

Ar-15 prices were up from the last show I had been to. Most were running in the 7 to 900 $ range. I did see lots of folks carrying ammo out and buying a few guns. Ammo was plentyful and seemed reasonable for the most part. The crowd was somewhat subdued, there wasnt the usual buzz in the air.  I ran across the first SIG trailside I've actually seen. Dealer was asking $365 I believe. Also saw a Russian made .410 semi-auto, mag fed, shotgun. Kinda neat looking but the question you have to ask is why? It looked to be the usual good show for Market Hall.

I'm still looking for some kind of IWB holster for a Glock 30 that a somewhat portly gun can wear. The search goes on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I was there between 1-5PM. One of the guys I went with got delayed on NICS so we had to hang around for a awhile. Thank goodness I was broke, cause I wanted to buy so much stuff that were there. I saw an SP1 for $1100. I came back to the table an hour later and it was gone, hmmm...imagine that. Bought some S&B .223 ammo from the guys by the stairs, not a bad price. Mag prices are still outrageous. Lots of people buying handguns. I did not see any crazy mark up on handguns. Glock 17 with Metropolite nite sites were around $490. Saw lots of people buying ammo too. The guy selling body armor had a lot of people looking, couldn't really tell if he was getting some biz though. He appeared to be Filipino, I shoulda asked about a homeboy discount [;)]. I managed to control myself and not buy a Tec9. I've always wanted one for the simple fact that I could not get em in CA.

Silly prices I saw were;
Used Thermold for $35
Post Ban AK for $850, two table down there was a pre ban underfolder on sale for $900.
MP5 SD for $14K
Hotdogs for $2.50
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
went to a show in denver actually set up on a couple of tables and sold some surplus items I had left over. sold quite a few chemical suits and alot of mre's and some medical kits plus alot of mags and other stuff.
ammo was flying out the door for the ammo dealers with .223 running low at the show by the end of the day and prices were starting to rise sharply.
did buy some stuff :
3 boxes of 1000 remington 7 1/2 primers only one's there.
2 boxes hornady 75 gr. moly only one's there
a couple of pounds of rl-15
a box of 500 sierra 77 match king last box there.
20 adventureline 20 round mags for $180 all he had.
440 rounds of wolf 7.62x39 with ammo can for $25
600 rounds pmc 223 for $3 box
500 rounds winchester Q3131
3 m118 smokes for $25 each
a bag of vietnam era plastic bags for the 20 round mags.
a browning belgium 10/71 380 auto real nice for $200 with a box of remington 95gr. ammo.

went to wal-mart on the way home and bought 40 boxes of shotgun ammo for $2.98 a box should last a little while.

by 2 o'clock all the Q3131 was gone in the show . talked to the guy and he was going to bring in some more in the mourning . he had only around 5 cases today and if he has that much tommorrow and does not raise his prices plan on buying it all.

had fun and its only half over
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]Thanks, Gopher![/b] It was surely a pleasure meeting you, as well.

I was there most of the day, and the crowds were huge! I spent most of the day at Brother Nick's table immediately opposite the concession stand.

The prices were pretty high end on the assault rifle category. I'm sorry, but I refuse to pay someone $1,795.00 for an SP-1! Especially when there's an A-2 across the aisle for $1,400.00!

The prices on everything else were pretty low in comparison. Ammo's still cheap. There's a lot of interest in gas masks, most Israeli are fetching $30.00. The USArmy's latest version was going for $65.00 in excellent condition!

Eric The(GoingBackTomorrowForAnotherRound)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LT:  14K for the SD.  Wow. Probably from Nick Lattota (sp) or Mike Schlutter (sp).  Damn, I should sell mine and I would make a profit of 3K to 3.5K  .

View Quote

Yeah I couldn't believ that either. The most I've ever seen em for was around $10K. $7500 was the cheapest I've seen em. So 14K was outrageous price IMO.

On the same note. That SP1 I saw. I had to take a double take. I saw the sign, and had to pick up the rifle to make sure it said SP1, Ithought the price was a little low. Sure enough right there on the receiver said  Colt SP1. If I only had the money. Sucks being un-employed.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Gopher -- you should get the Russian Saiga 410, its VERY FUN gun.
was designed as hunting/sporting shotgun (reason for the low cap mags), slap on a kobra red dot sight and kick some ass. it also bump fires like a Dream.
one of the coolest shotguns currently available, only bad part is the high cost of 410 ammo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#10]
SAR-1 AK's going for $375 and up!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#12]
So sorry Mojo! I can't believe that I missed you this afternoon! I didn't read your last post before I went to Church and then the show, otherwise I woulda been expecting you!

Well, at least you got to meet [b]REALERIC[/b]! For what that's worth.[:D]

Eric The(NextTimeFerSure!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#14]
All in all, it was a pretty decent show.  Ammo seemed to be selling real well. One dealer I know said that in the last two weeks he's sold 38 ARs and 17 shotguns. It was a pleasure to see EricTheHun again. It was good to see our flag everywhere you looked.  Even most dealers were friendly today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top