Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2001 12:33:14 PM EDT
This came out of the Manchester (N.H.) Union Leader today.  I'd go to the site, but they were infected by a virus twice this week, and I don't feel like taking the chance.  Good thing I can type relatively fast.

Moose killed after attacking house, man

Limerick, Maine (AP)-  A 550 pound bull moose that charged at David Morin was no match for his assault rifle.
Morin, who awoke to a crashing sound outside his home Wednesday night, said he acted in self-defense by shooting the moose when he went outside and the animal charged at him.
Morin said the moose was crashing its antlers against his home and refused to be frightened away.
He first grabbed a .357 handgun, and looked out the door.  He tried to scare the animal away three times.  He was concerned that the moose might smash the windows and charge through the house.
The fourth time he went outside, the moose started toward him.  By then Morin had traded his handgun for an AK-47 assault rifle.
He shot the animal and killed it.
"I thought when I went out he'd go away, because I didn't really want to shoot him," he said.

Anyone up for a Bullwinkle Burger?
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Just as well, the online edition doesn't have the story.

Turning off JavaScript keeps you safe from the current virus threat (which also might only affect those who use Microsoft Internet Exploder, and has no effect on those who refuse to use Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express).
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
AILapua,
 Yeah, maybe they should have said calf.  Four years ago, I hit a roughly 700 pound moose at 65 mph at night.  Only thing I saw were the lower legs at the last moment, and my last thought before impact was "My, that's a mighty big deer!" Came into my Dodge Daytona and bounced back out.  Fortunately, I was able to walk away.  The moose didn't.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Since noone else has said it, I will....

"Shoot it Ned!!! it's comin' right at us!"

I hope I got my SouthPark quote right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top