Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2001 11:03:03 AM EDT
We're shopping for a better unit.

So far the Radio Shack Pro-92 looks the best, and it may go on sale soon.  The Pro-94 looks good at first but can't be interfaced with your computer even though it will take 1000 frequencies.

Having banks of stored channels sounds like a good idea, along with the ability to follow trunking systems.  Aside from trunking, I would like to be able to scan separate groups "A" for railroads, "B" for movie companies, "C" for airlines, for example.

Can anyone explain how the Motorola/Ericson/and other trunking systems differ?

All I know is in general it's a frequency-hopping set-up, but is there a signal that triggers the jump?  

The local HRO has a Uniden we'll check out for about $239, but does anyone have suggestions or advice?

[red][size=4] P.R.K.[/red][/size=4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Realistic 400 channel PRO-2006, that I've had for about 8 years. I've experienced no problems with it. I can recommend Radio Shack scanners.
However, I don't listen to my unit as much as I used to. Ever since the local police have gone to MVT's the "interesting traffic" has been declining steadily.
I don't know anyway to "capture" those signals. Even if you could, a lot of them are coded.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Are Icom R1 scanners any good?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top