Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 8:34:30 PM EDT
We have all heard and know that Afghans defend their homeland well (see Brits and Ruskies).  However, I for one think that it wont be the same with us.  Number 1 we wont try to occupy and Number 2 I think we will crush them anyway.  We are armed with weapons and surveillance technology that is no telling how many decades more advanced than what the Soviets went in with.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately I have a feeling this could shape up like vietnam. Don't get me wrong this cause is way more worthy than vietnam but, it deosn't seem like there are many targets to hit, and we'll basically be going on a manhunt. and of course they have the advantage as far as knowing the terrain.   its not going to be as easy as the gulf war, and i don't think there will be any single point in which we can declare victory over "evil".  Its going to be a bad situation (the libs are right in that respect) but i do't hea any better suggestions.  if we let bin laden escape justice again,.... I think you can all see were this is going.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Afghanistan goes further back than just the Brits and the Ruskies. You can add Gengis Khan and Alexander the Great to the list. They have been at it for quite a while. We may just have to wait and see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top