Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 8:04:04 PM EDT
Seriously, I want to know.  I'm reluctant to give my money to www.tributetoheros.com just because I think they all suck.  I mean U2, come on?

What about a donation straight to the American Red Cross?

What is the best way to get money out to those in need due to 9/11?

TIA
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a list:

[url]http://www.libertyunites.org/donate.adp[/url]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been wondering about all these requests for donations. Is there a legitimate need or is it more an effort to make people feel better about themselves. A way to show unity, a solidarity effort in tragic times. A psychological ploy or sorts.

What are the funds for and who are they for? Has anyone looked at the tenant list of the occupants of the twin towers.  We are not talking about charitable non profit organizations here.  We are talking about financial institutions, investment firms, law firms, banks, insurance companies. We are talking about lots of money here. One would reason these tenants would have decent benefit packages to include life insurance for the unfortunate survivors. This also applies to the firemen and policemen that lost their lives. Lets be honest here, it is very doubtful that anyone affected will go hungry without the donation efforts. Here is a list of the tenants from the WTC.
[url]http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/trade.center/tenants1.html[/url]

As for the buildings themselves. If they would have been build correctly without letting cost cutting decisions determine the final design, they should never have collapsed. People should be brought up on criminal charges for this alone, but now is not the time to even bring that up. (That would be anti-solidarity). That will probably come later. If not, the lawsuits will. Hey, this is America.

I also don't know where the total number of dead or missing at 6000 plus comes from. A quick look at this list doesn't seem to add up to 6000 plus total. (Including the plane passengers and the Pentagon.)
[url]http://www.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/Tenant-List.htm[/url]
This total figure may be true but I don't see it. Is this another ploy to inflate the death toll to get public support and give the gov a Carte Blanc free hand to do whatever is necessary? I don't know, but these thoughts have crossed my mind.
 All the focus has been directed at the terrorists and very little at the failure of the very expensive intelligent gathering efforts being spent every year and on the inadaquate design of the towers. Another ploy by design?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top