Posted: 9/21/2001 5:42:57 PM EDT
[url]http://www.siworld.com[/url]

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What is it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
... I souldn't have been set to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's "Paranoia strikes deep" if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I think thats what is bugging me. it could also bee seen as a slap in the face of those who protested the Viet Nam war also I guess...?

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth" was a big hit in 1967.  It fits perfectly now.  Geez...I never thought I'd be listening to it again with some of the same emotions now as then.  I remember it was popular when I was floating around in a destroyer off of Vietnam in '68.  That was a long time ago...but the memories just came flooding back.
We will win this thing...and I know our kids will do us proud.  Keep your powder dry and grit your teeth...this is going to be a tough war.
Stand by Saddam...and Osama...we're coming for you!
[devil][rocket]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was pretty cool.  Although, the song brings back old memories of a different conflict....You have to listen to the words in a new light this time and relate them to our current situation.  

To me, it's basically saying, "Hey, everybody, look what happened.  Are we going to stand for this?  Let's kick some A$$!  All in all, I think it's worth watching.  Anyone else have a different interpretation?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top