Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2001 5:17:22 PM EDT
hollywood hippies all of a sudden singing and croning about "rising up."  where's my friggin barf bag?  

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
so far it is 0 for 3 on the songs.  Yuk.  Bono and U2 sucks big ones.

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
so far it is 0 for 3 on the songs.  Yuk.  Bono and U2 sucks big ones.

View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is Ali a hero as stated by the fresh prince?  He was a champion boxer and....
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Tom Petty singing I won't back down.   He looks like shit though.

1 for 4 so far.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I turned it off when I saw U2 on the screen. It was bad enough up till then, but U2 was the icing in the cake. No Mas!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Frazier had some "hawkish" JFK quotes, he is a conservative.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
"We only make 20 Mil per movie, how about you pondscum (you know the "little people") sending some money in...?"
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#9]
groan.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#11]
i couldn't stand it anymore, it was grating on my nerves and pissing me off to the point of rage.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
You may say that I'm a dreamer......

MAN, Thats for DAMN SURE!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you think we will hear Nugent singing Stanglehold?

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like we're 1 for 5.  Well its time for me to make a beer run. Enough of this. [:X*]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Ali (aka Clay) was a coward and draft dodger. He deserved only a trial and death for his treason.
Now he is being hailed by some hollywood numbnuts.
I would trade everyperson's life on that show tonight to insure the safety of one PFC, without a second thought.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I was lying in a burned out basement
With the full moon in the sky
I was hopin' for replacement
When the sun burst..............................

God help me Neil....stick to stuff you're good at!

Pocohontas and all..............

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]
MMMM....GRE....yyyooufghxfgfsx...blublu
(ALi's reply to Happy Shooter)
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
A day or two after the tragedy Tom Brokaw made some comments that

'Today we have new heroes...' and then said something to the effect of '...and its been needed for a long time.'

He was of course talking about the firefighters, police officers, rescue workers, etc... being heroes but I get the impression that he was saying that the recent years of labeling of sports figures and Hollywood stars as 'heroes' was deeply misguided.

When I see these stars addressing America I get the sense of a condescending attitude towards us and insincerity.  The people who have had their lives scarred by this would be better suited to host this telethon.  I don't have a problem w/ Hollywood appearances or the music but I don't trust their 'authenticity' when they address us.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ali (aka Clay) was a coward and draft dodger. He deserved only a trial and death for his treason.
View Quote

Beg to differ. He was not a draft DODGER, he was a draft RESISTER.  He gave up his title and went to JAIL for what he believed in. I disagree with his beliefs, but he was not a coward.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#22]
It's not yet on out here on the Left Coast.

I decided not to bother watching after the news said that for security reasons, the celebrities who are doing the phone-answering duty are in two "undisclosed locations" in NY and KA for their safety.

And now let's hear those phones ring for the celebrity synchronized barfing team:
[puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#23]
don't flame me .... PLEASE! but we don't know how much each of these artists are contributing financially. and whatever they give, is most likely going to be much more than *I* could afford to give, so if this money goes to the survivors, it's worth it. give what you can, blood, change, time, whatever. at least they are doing something.
why caste them all to be "in it for the publicity", or "staying in the public eye" between movies.

If anyone gives because of this that didn't before, then GOOD!

for a group of people so ready to defend themselves from "being different than everyone else" and "defending freedom", some of you sure seem ready to start the "separatist state", where no one else is good enough to be.

"freedom for me and F**K everyone else"

on second thought, go ahead and flame me, you'll do it anyway.

edited cuz I still can't spell
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Definite No Shows

Gibson
Stallone
Schrwazeneger
Willis
Kurt Rusell
Russel Crow
Selleck

All conservative.

I'll b surprised if we see any of them.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm so scared of getting shot in Nam I will give up my title and go to jail.  Coward
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Stallone

View Quote

Stallone is as liberal as they come.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Definite No Shows

Gibson
Stallone
Schrwazeneger
Willis
Kurt Rusell
Russel Crow
Selleck

All conservative.

View Quote

[b][red]Stallone - conservative,[/red][/b] I don't think so!!!  You do realize that Rambo is anti-gun don't you!!!!  The scumbag made all his money off of guns & 'violence' but has the nerve to say guns are responsible for evil.

Edited - Oops, I didn't realize it was addressed on pg. 2.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I saw kurt russel answering phones
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Stallone is conservative
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I saw kurt russel answering phones
View Quote

I saw him too, Goldie sitting right next to him.... who won't you see??? Rosie O'Donut, Baldwins, Wayans....those are the posers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#31]
What's with all the "Has beens"

I just watch Jon (I would love to sleep with Al Gore) BonJovi sing some corny version of living on a prayer.

Aren't these all the people who said they were going to leave the country if Bush was elected?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#32]
For info on Stallone's view's go to...
[url]http://vikingphoenix.com/public/gchof/gchof007.htm[/url]
Hit the links in article for interviews.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Definite No Shows

Stallone
Zaz
View Quote

Stallone is there.  He looked uncomfortable answering phones, but he's there.

Not that I'm watching or anything.

LL
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Stallone is conservative
View Quote

I forget, there was a comedian that was killed by his wife and she killer herself.  Stallone went on record during an interview in London that "all guns should be banned," and said something like "this is the modern 20th century, not the wild west days."

BTW: This concert is being administered United Way.  They are a known contributor to HCI.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Where the hell is Godsmack when you need them.  Wife continues to watch, I couldn't take any longer.  Thank God for AR15.com!

Guz
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I stand corrected on Stallone, and am ashamed that I was ignorant of this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#38]
 I turned the T.V. on to check out the Sci-Fi channel at about 5 min to 8:00 and to my horror... the song God Bless America MY HOME SWEET HOME..  was being sung by a Canadian.... even worse, a French Kanuk.  Now aint that the ....

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Definite No Shows

Gibson
Stallone
Schrwazeneger
Willis
Kurt Rusell
Russel Crow
Selleck

All conservative.

Zaz
View Quote

Do not include Stallone on this list.  He is a liberal gun grabber and is definitely a draft dodger.  He went to Switzerland during Vietnam rather than serve his country.  He is also an asshole.

This is from the link:

Stallone once sued writer Peter Theodoracopulos and the British magazine 'The Spectator' in 1991 for suggesting he acted in a cowardly and hypocritical way when he "ducked the Vietnam War."
View Quote
 Did not say if he won.

And:

A crude Vietnam War veteran had the nerve to challenge John Rambo. What a laugh. Stallone eats Vietnam War veterans for breakfast. The sickening attack on Sylvester Stallone continues by spreading rumors that Stallone is suffering from a loathsome disease. We are lucky to have somebody like Mr. Stallone standing tall for sensible gun control.
View Quote

He 'eats Vietnam War veterans for breakfast'.  What a fucking laugh.

Are they serious with this:

Mr. Stallone maintains a residence in the Patagonia Region of Argentina, where many heroic German pioneers of sensible gun control fled from persecution and settled after World War II.
View Quote
 This is a joke, right?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm not sure what I think of this, but it's turned-off and even the fam doesn't want anything to do with the TV tonight.  I hope people donate money, I am going to give what I can, but please don't abuse me by putting it on 50% of the channels I pay to recieve all night!

If you are going to watch, I found it slightly more enjoyable after pressing the "mute" button.

[>:/]

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Hanks opening  for those  that took over flight 93, was well put.
Frazier had friends on one that crashed, Ali....has balls for doing it in his condition, he has been in seclusion for years. I never agreed with his  politics, but he was willing to go to jail, not like the games Klinton did at that time.Maybe they will se the real world now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys should have done what I did.  Go buy ammo and take the wife and kids out to dinner.  I have better things to do than see Hollywood dorks getting face time for a cause.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stallone is conservative
View Quote

I forget, there was a comedian that was killed by his wife and she killer herself.  Stallone went on record during an interview in London that "all guns should be banned," and said something like "this is the modern 20th century, not the wild west days."

BTW: This concert is being administered United Way.  They are a known contributor to HCI.
View Quote

You forgot about the part where he said "the police should go door to door and take away guns".
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Definite No Shows

Schrwazeneger

All conservative.

Zaz
View Quote

Schwarzenegger is ANTI-GUN! When he was talking about running for governor of kalifornia he is on record saying that he is definitely against "assault weapons".

Richard Dean Anderson uses guns every week on Stargate SG-1. Does that make him a pro-gun conservative? HELL NO!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 2:06:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I forget, there was a comedian that was killed by his wife and she killer herself.  Stallone went on record during an interview in London that "all guns should be banned,"
View Quote

The comedian was Troy McClure, whom you may remember from such shows as "The Simpsons".

Er, well, ok, he was the voice of Troy McClure, Phil Hartman.

View Quote

Oh, great.  Those bastards.  Just Say No to the United Way extortion racket.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:04:38 AM EDT
[#47]
I can't believe you bunch of sheep wasted time in front of the tube watching that garbage.  You all know what a bunch of liberal soft suckup opportunistic self serving egoist flower child hypocritical lowlifes the entertainment industry produces, yet you actually sat down to watch them? Let me help here:  when you see an event marked "star-studded", chuck it and go do something useful, like excercise or read.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
 I turned the T.V. on to check out the Sci-Fi channel at about 5 min to 8:00 and to my horror... the song God Bless America MY HOME SWEET HOME..  was being sung by a Canadian.... even worse, a French Kanuk.  Now aint that the ....

View Quote

Ummm.....your point is...?
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:59:09 AM EDT
[#49]
K, so I volunteered to answer phones for this telethon.  When I signed up I was not told that it was a United Way operation.  In fact, the first hint I was given of United Way involvement was the opening words of the telephone script - which I was given about 30 seconds before we went live.  If I had known beforehand that it would be a United Way/U2/Stallone/Julia Roberts thing I would have politely declined due to their history of antigun activites.  I feel conned.  Sorry all!

If it makes anyone feel better, several hours after my shift I was in a crowd that was pepper sprayed... keep those gas masks handy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:04:36 AM EDT
[#50]
You hit the nail on the head, God Bless Texas.  It's all about face time.  Been a whole 10 days not being in the celebrity limelight, so they rudely grab the spotlight and drag it back on themselves.  Unfortunately, the only way the People magazine reading idiots in this country might get off their butts and do something is if their Hollywood heroes tell them to.

I don't need to be told to donate money or give blood.  I figured it out all by myself at 0915 on Sept 11th.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top