Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 4:32:31 PM EDT
Oh, the lovely stuff one gets forwarded on the Internet- and it involves a lot of people I WON'T be buying anything from any more....

Grrrr....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:22:01 -0400
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Brady E-Action Response Network Alert: Lennon Concert Rescheduled

=====================================
BRADY E-ACTION RESPONSE NETWORK ALERT
=====================================

Issue: 10 - 9/21/2001

COME TOGETHER: A NIGHT FOR JOHN LENNON, RESCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 2

In light of the recent tragic events, Come Together - A Night for John Lennon originally scheduled for September 20 has been rescheduled for October 2.  Planned as a benefit for a non-violent world, a portion of the concert proceeds will now be donated to the disaster relief efforts, as well as to the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence and the Million Mom March Foundation.  The Brady Center and Million Mom March will also donate a portion of our ticket sales to the disaster relief efforts.

The concert will feature performances by Dave Matthews, Alanis Morrisette, Cyndi Lauper, The Isley Brothers, Lou Reed, Marc Anthony, Moby, Nelly Furtado, Seal, Shelby Lynne, Stone Temple Pilots, Yolanda Adams, Kevin Spacey and many more!

Please join us for this unforgettable event!  Tickets are limited!  To purchase tickets and for more information, visit our Web site at http://www.bradycampaign.org/events/lennon.asp or call 202-218-4646.

PASS IT ALONG!
Please pass this message along to friends, family members, and colleagues so they too can take a stand for sensible gun laws.

September 21, 2001
http://www.bradycampaign.org
http://www.bradycenter.org

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's see...Dave Matthews, Alanis Morrisette, Cyndi Lauper, The Isley Brothers, Lou Reed, Marc Anthony, Moby, Nelly Furtado, Seal, Shelby Lynne, Stone Temple Pilots, Yolanda Adams, Kevin Spacey...

Nope, not a single person on that list  that I'm in any danger of supporting!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I like John Lennon, Dave Matthews Band,and STP. To bad we don't see eye to eye on the gun issue.

Of course, I don't remember hearing that any of them were anti-gun.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]

'Any, and I mean ANY band that promotes gun control is trying to steal my rights and yours and should be branded-"Left-Wing Assholes".' - - [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Dave Matthews
Non threatening Rock for the old people that isn't rock at all. Have friends that traveled hundreds of miles to see him. They must have been high.

Alanis Morrisette
Have always hated her with a passion. Poor lyrics, terrible voice. Go back to canada, horse face.

Cyndi Lauper
Where's captain lou albano when you need him?

The Isley Brothers,
They're still alive?

Lou Reed
The only guy that can give keith richards a run for the 'most constantly stoned look' award

Marc Anthony
Is cleopatra playing too?

Moby
Techno crap, gore supporter. Throw him back in the water.

Nelly Furtado
Who???

Seal
The seals are going to be there? Will they be on a covert mission to prevent Yoko ono from singing??

Shelby Lynne
Is she in any way related to loretta lynn?

Stone Temple Pilots
I have two of their albums.  Haven't listend to them in 5 years. Going to be sold to buy more ammo.

Yolanda Adams
Maybe you should try listing some people I've actually heard of....

Kevin Spacey
Will we be treated to dramatic vignettes as well? Now at least I can stop watching kevin spacey movies. He was the only reason I went to see american beauty. He owes me two hours of my life back.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Strange . . . I was thinking about getting a "Moby" CD recently, because someone posted about them being strongly pro-gun.  Oh well, another theory shot in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Stone Temple Pilots
I have two of their albums.  Haven't listend to them in 5 years. Going to be sold to buy more ammo.

Kevin Spacey
Will we be treated to dramatic vignettes as well? Now at least I can stop watching kevin spacey movies. He was the only reason I went to see american beauty. He owes me two hours of my life back.
View Quote

I think just about everybody had those two STP albums.

I think Kevin Spacey owes me 2 1/2 hours of my life back after seeing "Pay it Forward".  Usual Suspects is awesome though.  My AR is the same as they used in the Harbor scene from the rooftop.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#7]
95th,

That is some SERIOUS spam.  You sure got on a bad mailing list.

[50]

- CD
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
95th,

That is some SERIOUS spam.  You sure got on a bad mailing list.

[50]

- CD
View Quote

Camp, ya can't fight what ya don't know or understand- this was orig. forwarded to a MA pro-gun  mailing list, and they picked it apart pretty well there, too.

BTW, Schnacke- I agree w/you 100%- time to sell off a lot of albums and CDs that I just...well..wouldn't be caught dead with now... :^)

Ah, folly of youth- all the money I spent, thinking I was saving the world....instead, culturally, at least, I financed other people's dreams- not my own... [/eyerollingicon]

"Turning rebellion into money"
- --CLASH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top