Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2001 4:21:26 PM EDT
I want to buy a pair of Steiner Night Hunter Binoculars in 8x-56mm.
These Binoculars are billed by Steiner as the next best thing to a Starlight scope.
Ahyone know anything about these?  Have a pair?  
Cabela’s Sells them for $800.00
Anyone have a better price?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I am gonna get hacked on this, but I think you should consider Jap binoculars like the Pentax or Nikon line.  You should be able to get some of those Nikon marine 7X50 porro prisms for much less. Maybe the Japanese makes will not interest you though.  

I don't know if the Steiner 8X56s are the best things for low light performance.  They very well may be.   I do know I have had a pair of Steiner big horns and two pair of military marine 8x30s screw up on me.  So the little card that came with the fernglasseren with the claim "bombproof" is horse hockey in my opinion.  

I just don't like the idea of paying $45 for German assembly line labor.  Paying $45 so that Hartmut, Wido and Holger konnten nach eine Disco gegangen isn't on my list of desired options.  

Check out Cameraworld.com or Adorama.com or do a search for the Eagle optics website for prices.

Definitely check these places out before you buy from Cabelas because I think that the price will be better at the other places.  Cabelas is supposed to have Cust. Svc. as good as it gets, so maybe that's worth the extra cost.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I want to buy a pair of Steiner Night Hunter Binoculars in 8x-56mm.
These Binoculars are billed by Steiner as the next best thing to a Starlight scope.
Ahyone know anything about these?  Have a pair?  
Cabela’s Sells them for $800.00
Anyone have a better price?
View Quote

Well, you could buy the Fujinon M22 military 7x50's I have for sale.  Current Army issue.  
$460.00 with free FedEx shipping. Includes neckstrap and Army M22 instruction manual.

Questions? Email [email protected] if interested
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Sportsman guide has a Steiner Safari 12x40 for 279.  I just bought a pair and they are nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top