Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 10:57:41 AM EDT
I saw it on FX yesterday for the first time.  Anyone else think that it was put on TV right now for a reason?  If there was an anti-gun message in this movie I don't know what one is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I rented it once based on the title.
It sucked.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw it on fox a month or so ago. female lead throws a shotgun in the pool so it doesn't hurt anybody. I'd push her in the pool and not let her out until she retrieved it. Then she'd be staying outside until she came to her senses.

The real hollywood solution is just to have your bodyguards handle those icky guns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#3]
By any chance is the movie based on the Arthor C. Clarke book?

[rail]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw it in the theater, but it's been a while.  I thought it was an adequate representation of what happens to people when the SHTF.  Maybe I'll rent it again and see if I spot the anti-gun message.  I'll admit to being more of a liberal back then, so I may have not even noticed it.  I've always been pro-gun though.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
That was what Y2K was SUPPOSED to be like, if the damned pre-FDCGH would have minded their own business and let things fail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top