Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2001 10:12:05 AM EDT
Forgive me if this has already been covered here, but I didn't see anything about it on the forum in the last day or so.

Has anyone else heard about this? She supposedly tried to enlist in the Marines but was denied because

A) She never completed high school or got a GED

B) Has prior felony convictions

C) Has prior drug offenses

D) Is a dumb whore whose mere presence would demean the entire Corp (Okay, I made that one up [:)])

She reportedly asked if she could avoid having to disclose her prior criminal record under the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Carefull! She's a wild thing and might come after you with a broken bottle....
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/features/feature/1092327[/url]

Bulldog Out
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll take E= stupid dumb bitch trying to get a free ride.

You have to have the GED or completed high school. You can't have any felony's at all. If you just tired drugs or just used them a little they don't care as long as your clean when you go down to the testing.

No the don't ask don't tell will not work with her prior criminal record because one thing they do is have a back ground check on you,your wife or husband and family your mother's family your fathers family also. At lest this is what they did when I had gone in.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
What a low life filthy skank! She's using this mass murder to get publicity. Die you dirty heroin guzzling whore!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I think that more famous people should join the military to inspire our "slacker" youth into joining the military.

SOPMODM4A3
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Say what you want about her, and let me make it clear that I have NEVER liked her, but at least she's doing something a bit more positive than having a telethon.  She wants to do more than open up her pocketbook, that's great!  She wants to fight for her country, that's even better!  She's not out there advocating "let's come to a peaceful resolution to this" and is instead attempting to join the Marines.  Hell, I'd rather fight with her than Hillary Clinton.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]
We should send her to Afghanistan as a form of biologic warfare.  She'll contaminate them with all sorts of drug-resistant STDs.  As a second salvo, we can then send Madonna.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Forgive me if this has already been covered here, but I didn't see anything about it on the forum in the last day or so.

Has anyone else heard about this? She supposedly tried to enlist in the Marines but was denied because

A) She never completed high school or got a GED

B) Has prior felony convictions

C) Has prior drug offenses

D) Is a dumb whore whose mere presence would demean the entire Corp (Okay, I made that one up [:)])

She reportedly asked if she could avoid having to disclose her prior criminal record under the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy.
View Quote

Too old!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#9]
She could be a human sand bag.  In fact I could think of some other people that cound serve this country as revetment sand bags.[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I am with GodBlessTexas on this one, she may be a skank and a media hound, but she is an American  also.  She is putting up, while all of her scum hollywood buddies are not shutting up.  I applaud her.  (just wouldn't want to touch her).
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#11]
 That's what the world needs now.  The female version of a Reddick Bowe wannabe.

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey, should could free up another man to go and fight. The Marines need people to clean the latrines, file the paperwork and cook the meals, why keep a warrior in those posts when a person like Love can fill it no problem?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey, she can handle a weapon, she proved that when she murdered her husband and covered it up
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I heard on news radio KFWB L.A., with a USMC recruiter that they don't want people whose sole motive is go to the Middle East and cracking some heads.  He said they are going to give them a test to weed to folks out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hey, should could free up another man to go and fight. The Marines need people to clean the latrines, file the paperwork and cook the meals, why keep a warrior in those posts when a person like Love can fill it no problem?
View Quote

Marines use the Head, the "Army of one" uses the latrine.

havoc
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I [i]might[/i] have some respect for Love if she'd gone to talk to her local recruiter.  But is that what she did?  No...

Sources at the high-powered publicity firm PMK confirm that the former Hole front-woman did indeed contact top-level government officials at the Pentagon in the wake of attacks there and at New York's World Trade Center. Her question: Would it really be possible for someone like me to join the military?
View Quote

The "top-level government officials at the Pentagon" have better things to do than waste their time dealing with celebrity wannabes.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey, she can handle a weapon, she proved that when she murdered her husband and covered it up
View Quote

Which reminds me, now that the killing is getting ready to start, where is O.J. Simpson when his country needs his expertise. Send him in with a K-BAR in each hand....
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#18]
You guys have it all wrong -

She didn't want to join the Marine Corps. - she wanted to blow the Marine Corps.

[:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey, she drove Cobain to suicide, she might convince Osama to do the same.

Edit: She's not all bad!

"According to my source, Love has invested heavily in the stock market over the last two days, hoping to help keep America's economy churning--even though she might face huge losses in the short run.

One thing's certain--we know from her history that the girl is definitely a fighter. And I'm glad that this time she's on our side."
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh, puh-leeze.  The stock market stuff just proves she's stupid as well as, uh, stupid.

OTOH I'm sure she'd improve the morale of any Marines unit she was assigned to -- at least until the venereal diseases started showing up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Don't ask, don't tell" works only if she's a lesbian.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Morale Gear
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Perhaps the Marines could employ her in Psy-ops: Have her "sing" into a big PA, pointed tow'd the Taliban: they'd give up in a NY minute....

Or better yet: the most appropriate use of her: human land mine detector.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, she can share my shelter half and fighting HOLE ANY time (I like 'em skanky!!! Except for my wife....A wonderful woman. )

[smoke]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't agree with many aspects of her personal life but I do admire her patriotism.  By the way, she is not stupid by any means.  If you get a chance to read the articles of the speeches she gave concerning the recording industry and .mp3s, you would find her to be extremely articulate and intelligent.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well, she can share my shelter half and fighting HOLE ANY time (I like 'em skanky!!! Except for my wife....A wonderful woman. )

[smoke]
View Quote

When CL cleans up, she's not bad lookin' -- I'd do her...
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#27]
My take is this...

it is a publicity stunt and she knew she wouldn't be accepted.

However, still heads and tails far about Jane SKANK ASS BITCH Fonda. If properly innoculated I would kiss Courtney Love for her overt patriotism. She is at least showing tacit support for our country.

If sincere, even more credit is due.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't agree with many aspects of her personal life but I do admire her patriotism.  By the way, she is not stupid by any means.  If you get a chance to read the articles of the speeches she gave concerning the recording industry and .mp3s, you would find her to be extremely articulate and intelligent.
View Quote

All the more reason to detest her. She should know better. In league with the likes of Jann Wenner, Rolling Stone publisher, and with the money from her husband's estate, she helped set up an ANTI-GUN lobbying organisation, CeaseFire, Inc..

(CEASEFIRE, INC.:
Headquarters:
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY  10104
Telephone:            (212) 484-1616
Executive Director:   Elizabeth Schmidt)

Amazing how she is so pro-1st Amendment, but wants to apply White-Out to the 2nd...

This site on which you are reading this is called AR-15.com, named for the AR-15. Guess what one of the many guns she and her org. want to ban?......

Instead of facing up to her and her husband's marital and psychological problems, which led to his suicide, she instead, like all anti-gun cause heads, focussed instead on the means, not the cause of his death.

'Courtney Love was frequently overcome with emotion when discussing how she lost husband Kurt Cobain to gun-related suicide in 1994. "I miss my friend," a shaken Love told a hushed audience. "My daughter misses her father," the singer and actress said about her 7-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, and described the experiences Frances would never have with Kurt -- such as sharing an ice cream. Love detailed how "an acquaintance of my husband with a long criminal record and a record of mental illness" bought a shotgun in a pawnshop and gave it to Cobain, who suffered from depression. "On April 8, he was dead." Later, Love said why she decided to speak out: "America has to change its barbaric gun laws," she said. "I own a car and I have to register it, but if I own a gun, I don't have to register it -- that doesn't make sense." '

- --Million Mom March: The Inside Story; Led by celebrity mothers, hundreds of thousands invade Washington: why they came and what they accomplished,  JD Heyman, US Weekly, May 29, 2000 http://www.geocities.com/andjoetoo/interviewusweekly1.html

Courtney Love Hates Guns
Wednesday May 17, 2000 @ 10:30 AM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Courtney Love Speaks Out Against Gun Ownership  http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2000/05/1702.cfm

'Hole bitch queen Courtney Love spoke out about her husband, Kurt Cobain at the Million-Mom March last Sunday, May 14. The march attracted 750,000 protesters who all want tighter gun control.

Love slammed those who thought guns were a means for protection, she said that her husband's death was a "permanent solution to a temporary problem." Daughter Frances will never be able to hold her father's hand and she misses him, she added. Kurt committed suicide using a shotgun in April 1994.'

She's a fool. Fools never learn. Of course, I'll bet she has gun-toting security guards, if not her OWN handguns, to protect her, of course...

And now she wants >choke< to join the Marines? Yeah, right......

Link Posted: 9/22/2001 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I think her and Madonna could corrupt and inflict VD on the entire Taliban in less than three months. We need to be thinking outside the box, er, inside when we fight terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
drug-resistant STDs.  .
View Quote

anti-biotic resistant strain of clap?
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Did she learn marksmanship from Kurt "One Shot One Kill" Cobain?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top