Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 8:57:10 AM EDT
[img]http://www.gamla.org.il/images/war/flag.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
They want to be terrorists, because the U.S government is fucking evil.
1 million and a half people dead because of U.S imposed sanctions on Iraq, U.S putting in governments of nations to support their oil needs.
even if the government oppresses the people.
Who cares about non americans, as long as there is more oil right?

If i was in the middle east, i'd be a fucking terrorist too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#2]
BCBUD,

Then by all means leave and go over there and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Well BCBUD, I sugest you get a move on.  If you're not with us you are against us.  I along with many other members of this board are more than willing to chip in on a one way ticket to any one of the 'oppressed' Middle East countries.

-Matt
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1 million and a half people dead because of U.S
View Quote

What, no mention of economic, medical and humanitarian aid to the region? I guess there's only one side to that coin.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
While you're at it BCBUD, get the $!@# out of KA.  We don't need anymore cockroaches like you. Too many here already.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They want to be terrorists, because the U.S government is fucking evil....
View Quote

I wish you were a terrorist.  Because then very soon you'd be dead, lying in a ditch.  That's just were you belong.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Isn't it ironic that the people who hate America are the ones most readily using their right to freedom of speech? Some say  that is fine, but I use my freedom of speech to say, "Then get the f>
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#8]
The Western Media really, really should be ashamed for this, but, hey, that's the price of the First Amendment!  Their objectivity has been bought for such a trifling amount as a 'photo op.'

Eric The(ButNoDoubtWhoseSideThey'reOn!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#9]
If you all think BCBUD is wrong about what he posted, I suggest you go do some research on what's happening to the Iraqi people (not saddam, but the actually people living there).  It's pretty sad, and it's mostly caused by the UN sanctions.  

Oh, and all that humanitarian aid is getting filtered through to who? oh, wait...saddam's taking his pick of the goods and then throwing the rest away.  

Sure, it is real easy to believe the news media...they know everything, right?  Of course it's not front page news that babies are starving to death in Iraq...who wants to read about that over here?  

Now as for the government being evil....well...dunno about that.  Of course, remember good ol' ben franklin...those that would sacrifice some essential liberty for a measure of temporary safety deserve neither.  
You'll note that liberty & safety are being bandied around a lot right now by many government folks.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Post from BCBUD -
View Quote

So why are we backing Israel so faithfully? It can't possibly be because of their oil, now, can it?
1 million and a half people dead because of U.S imposed sanctions on Iraq
View Quote

And those deadly sanctions would have been removed the very moment that the Monster Saddam complied with the UN Resolutions that [u]he[/u] agreed to!!!!

Let the blood of his people be upon him! Not US!

Eric The(BuyWhyAmIEvenArguingThisPointWithYou?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd say that the US Government hasn't been on the up and up since the Kennedy assasination and Viet Nam, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them "fucking evil."  Certainly somewhat evil though.

1 million and a half people dead because of U.S imposed sanctions on Iraq
View Quote

Don't even try to tell me for a minute that Iraq doesn't have money.  If Sadam gave a rat's ass about his people, and I've talked to Iraqi dissidents who say he doesn't, he'd have spent the money he's been spending on bio/chem weapons development on keeping his people alive.  These sanctions, to which Sadam agreed to, would have been removed after simple compliance with them.  We're also talking about a guy who tried pulling one over on UN Inspectors and a camera crew by having the workers at a plant wear jumpsuits with the word "MILK" on the back in english!  No, Sadam's not capable of being evil or manipulative.

Furthermore, if you were in Iraq and you said anything like this regarding them, you'd find yourself at the mercy of the Secret Police who would execute you as an example.  Sadam does not tolerate rebellion of any kind.

U.S putting in governments of nations to support their oil needs.  even if the government oppresses the people.  Who cares about non americans, as long as there is more oil right?
View Quote

Do you drive a car?  Ever bitch about what you pay for gasoline?  You're directly contributing to the opression of those foreign people.  How does it feel?

View Quote

We have our own versions in the US.  The methods used by white supremacy groups and terrorist organizations to recruit new members are more alike than you realize.  They teach the same type of hate and rightesous indignation.  Feel free to join at any time, as long as you're white.  Or feel free to do something about making change here, up to and including going somewhere you think is better.  It's easy to bitch, but making real change takes more than words.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Let the blood of his people be upon him! Not US!

Eric The(BuyWhyAmIEvenArguingThisPointWithYou?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Right on!  Saddam's people starve because he uses them to starve on camera.  They are simpley a tool.  His soldiers don't starve.

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I think BCBUD is in Canada (CA), not Kalifornia. I tend to agree with BCBUD a little, our government is fucking evil and has done vile things to us citizens and many people all around the world. What, y'all already forgot about Waco, Ruby Ridge, etc.? What short memories all you patriots have. I love this country, but still have no love for our government.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#14]
"Little Abdul" that want's to be a "Terrorist" will be pre-occupied with the problem of why his hair is falling out, his gums bleeding and he feels awfully sick. Maybe it was something that he ate????? Could it have something to do with the "Second Sunrise" that he saw a few days ago?? Now where did I leave my AK-47, seems my memory is starting to get bad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#15]
The only people suffering in iraq are the Kurds.  Remember those guys?  The ones that Sodom tests his VX gas derivatives on?  Sheesh.  How quickly we forget.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Our government isn't exactly something to be proud of, but these people are terrorists because they need someone to blame for the misery they generated for themselves.  Don't believe me.  Check your history books.  These people have been fighting since the beginning of time.  If they're not fighting against the jews, then they are fighting amongst themselves.  They're not happy unless they're killing someone they have a disagreement with.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
1 million and a half people dead because of U.S imposed sanctions on Iraq, U.S putting in governments of nations to support their oil needs.

View Quote

Why don't you go to the Middle East and help them, then?  Tell you what, if you do that, I will sign up right now on the off chance I might see you over there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you all think BCBUD is wrong about what he posted, I suggest you go do some research on what's happening to the Iraqi people (not saddam, but the actually people living there).  It's pretty sad, and it's mostly caused by the UN sanctions.  
View Quote

No, it was caused by Saddam Hussein.  The evil that visited his people was brought about by their continued tolerance of his government.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Listen, i'm not Anti-U.S.A
but, if i was in their shoes, i can easily see why they would resort to terrorism,
The U.S insn't nessisarily Good vs the Evil that is terrorism,

its just one nations interests Vs. a bunch of people who don't agree with them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Why don't you go to the Middle East and help them, then?  Tell you what, if you do that, I will sign up right now on the off chance I might see you over there.
View Quote

I just might join up with the british or canadian forces, not to help the U.S, but just for my own sick need to kick some ass
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Economic sanctions on Iraq were a stupid move. We should have pursued the war all the way to the end, or never started it at all. And I agree wholeheartedly that our foreign policy has been a mess for decades now, because are priorities (oil over human rights) are all wrong. We could be spending all that money, spent to ensure a free flow of oil, on gov't subsidies to convert our economy to be as independent from oil as possible.

But you know what? America's a work in progress. If you really feel that way and you haven't been putting the pressure on your elected leaders to do something about our foreign policy blunders, then you don't deserve to live here. In fact, you become part of the problem.

Moreover, if you really think America is evil, then there are myriad other places where you can live. Take your pick.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Look at all those camera-men and photographers that just happened to be there all lined up!  My gosh, what a lucky happenstance.  Now that picture can be run by the media all over the world to make everyone think "the enemy" is nothing but a rock throwing patriot wrapped in his country's flag!  Since it was just dumb luck that they got their picture, they surely must run it in every outlet they can find.

You're all correct, if most of us were in that situation we'd be terrorist too.  Terrorist to the oppressive Taliban and other regimes that have hijacked control of the various countries.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#24]
This is why we NEED to get rid of the Taliban and Iraq NOW.

As long as they exist, countries like Egypt and Saudi Arabia can do as they wish. Because the Taliban is worse than they are and we have no one else to turn to.

But if we were to liberate Iraq and install a secular democratic government there, and also in Libya and the Sudan then there would be better people that we could get oil from and we could tell the other states that are currently considered "moderate" to change.

This is one of the reasons that Saudi Arabia resisted so strenuously the occupation and partioning of Iraq at the end of the Gulf War.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just might join up with the british or canadian forces, not to help the U.S, but just for my own sick need to kick some ass
View Quote

ROFL! Sure, I will hold my breath till that happens.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#26]
What would the Mid East be without supplying us with oil?  Then they would absolutlely have no wealth and no modern infrastructures.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow BCBUD, thats quite the statement.  You forgot to mention the part that if the people get rid of Sadam the sanctions would be lifted.  Funny that they're to stupid to do it.  I guess some people just like punishment.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#28]
The UN sanctions are clearly wrong and have been an utter failure.

A prominent member of our Presbyterian Church is an Iraqi. He’s lived here with his family for quite some years. He has family there and travels to Iraq perhaps 6-8 times a year, sponsoring cargo planes full of food, clothing, and medicine.

Here’s the deal. The sanctions do not affect Saddam. All they do is punish the people, which in the end, results in more Anti-US sentiment. I know the sanctions were imposed to pressure Saddam into complying with inspections, etc., but the only way sanctions can work is if:

1. The guy at the top is a semi-reasonable man and has the best interests of his people in mind.
2. The people have the power to overthrow the guy and install a new government.

In the case of Iraq, neither case is true. The people do not have the power to overthrow Saddam and Saddam obviously could care less about his own people. They starve, can’t get medicine, etc., while he lives in the same fashion he has always lived.

This policy is a failure because you cannot pressure a guy like that.

We have three choices:

1. We drop the sanctions and let the guy sell his oil (which is not in our best interests).
2. We go in, kill the SOB and install a new govt. (which will cause the rest of the Muslim world to hate us).
3. We continue the sanctions and only the Iraqis will hate us (swell).

These are tough choices here. I vote for #2 because now we have a clear reason to do so. If the money trail leads to Saddam, we will have our mandate.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But if we were to liberate Iraq and install a secular democratic government there, and also in Libya and the Sudan then there would be better people that we could get oil from and we could tell the other states that are currently considered "moderate" to change.
View Quote

The problem is that those secular, democratic governments wouldn't last more than a year.  

If we can't do a good job of "nation building" in Haiti, a small country just a few hundred miles from our shores, then I don't see how we can do any better in larger, hostile countries on the other side of the ocean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top