Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2001 5:22:45 AM EDT
My boss has 2 pre-ban Colt AR's built in '93, but he lost all of his magazines when he moved so he bought a dozen out of Cabellas catalog.  I told him that he should steer clear of those.  Anyone have any luck with them?
Also he bought 200 rds of 45 grain hollow points for his AR's.  I told him that these were to light and that he needed at a minimum of 55 grain.  I am assuming that these AR's have a 1 in 7 twist or a 1 in 9?.  Was I correct in this advice?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Cabelas mags are western metal products, which suck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]
His Colt's being '93 vintage they should have a 1x7 twist ratio, in recent years Colt has been producing some 1x9 barrels.  45gr. is light for a 1x7 but for shorter ranges I think they'll perform ok but he needs to stick to 55gr. & up.

The mags were a waste of money, I'd try returning them if I was him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top