Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 11:40:09 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting a SKS and bought a $10 red synthetic stock, but that was before this whole WTC mess. The fun store now wants $500 for a crappy looking Romanian SKS! Way out of my price range.

So anyway I am stuck with this stock and since I am still unemployed with nothing to do, I want to refinish the stock. What kind of paint will work best on it and will I have to do any prep like sanding or primer coat?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes? No?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Wallmart has some do it yourself truck bed paint.It comes in a regular size spray can.I know it comes in black.I sprayed some inside a tool box about two yeas ago,no scratches yet.Don't know about wood though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The stock is made from fiberglass, I think.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
It all depends on what you want the finish to look like. Are you putting the stock on a field gun? Camoflague, perhaps? For this you'll need paints that can take a beating. Brownells has all kinds of stuff to do the job. But,if you're just taking the gun to the range and such, model airplane paint with good preparation and primer will do an excellent job.
Then, when you're done, post a picture. I'm always looking for good ideas to steal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top