Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 9:22:31 PM EDT
Anyone use this pistol for a CCW? How's it carry? Recoil?
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 1:05:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Come on I'm sure someone has a comment?
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
No I dont, its against the law to carry in hawaii, no reg. person can get a ccw
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one, used to carry it for CCW until I got my G27 and G23. It's a terrific CCW, and recoil is definitely not was you might think- very controllable.  Gaston truly is a genious.

Cloak
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry my G29 part of the time, my G23 the rest. As was posted above, recoil is really a non-issue with the factory ammo that's currently available. I just started handloading; I'm gonna do some that are closer to the loadings the gun was designed for.

The Pearce grip extensions are a nice add-on; they allow one to get all three fingers on the grip, and they seem to make the drawstroke easier as well.

40MIKE
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Never carried one, but shot a friend's extensively and I really liked it.  Keep meaning to buy one.  Seems very controllable even with the hotter loads and very accurate.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
The only reason I never bought the Glock 29 is beacuse 10mm ammo is scarce around where I live.  I've just stuck with .40.  But the 29 isn't bad to shoot.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Well that pretty much puts it in the bag for me. I was trying to figure out what I would use, and I was going back and forth between some kind of small frame 1911 or the glock. I all ready have a Glock 20 and several other 10mm's and love the round. I appreciate your comments:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top