User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 7:21:30 PM EDT
NM
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Details????
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
O'Reilly wimped out....gave him a pass.  For some reason he let him off the hook!  I was disappointed with him.

Earlier he beat up LA Congressman John Cooksey for his "diaper head" comment.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:23:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Although O'Reilly did give Bill Mahr more of  a 'pass' than I thought he should have, he did make the point that, if we give Jerry Falwell a pass on what he said, and understand that there are times when your mouth gets way out in front of your brain, we should likewise give Bill Mahr types the same pass.

[u]When[/u] they are contrite afterwards!

Eric The(ButOnlyThen)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
 I know this is a little off topic, but did anyone else watch PI last night?  I was up and when you have an antena I had few choices and I was curious to see if there were any sponcers anounced.  Anyway he made some comments that were complete off the debate topic about how even though his producers think the show is the most important thing to him it isn't and how he thrives on honesty, blah blah blah.  It seemed like he was trying realy hard to save his show.  I thought he was going cry.  Even the conservative talk show host tried to help him a little by mentioning that Bill had a few conservative beliefs that he agrees with.  It turned out to be a humourous episode.  
 Of course it was also during this show that my husband and I decided Bill Mahr was gay.

[shock]
Azaria
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Why yes i believe you are right. Bill Mahr is a great big ole' Flamer (meant in a good way)[;)]!
Was channel surfing myself and came across the end of his backpeddling, tear-swollen, finger biting episode and then it became apparent to me he's definitely closet gay. Libertarian claims or just a rouse to make it less apparent.Bill you are so GAY!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Maher has partially apologized for his remarks on the ABC Politically Incorrect web site.

For those who missed it, on his show Maher said that the terrorists who flew into the WTC were not cowardly, as some have called them, but courageous for dying for their beliefs. He also said that it was cowardly for the US to use cruise missles from hundreds of miles away.

He apologized for any implication that our military was cowardly, and qualified his statement to say that politicians who made those decisions were cowardly.

Maher is ignorant and insensitive, and I have chosen to stop watching him. His statement about the courage of the terrorists was 100% wrong. Islam is based on peace, but it has a strong warrior tradition, and a strong warrior code. Their warrior code includes a total prohibition on killing women, children, and non-combatants. The terrorists were complete cowards in targeting innocent people and not confronting their perceived enemy face to face.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.nypost.com/commentary/32767.htm[/url]

Also mentions Bill Mauher, Christian Ammanpore et al.  Great article in NY POST

(mixed up code)
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm thinking as fickle as the TV networks are, if ABC gets a few hundred letters labeling them as un-American for keeping this terrorist  supporter on there payroll, I bet they will fire him and ether cancel the show or replace him. I think I going to write them a letter.

Larry
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Sigshooter, Americans are their percieved enemy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top